cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TiVo 360 Remote Issue

TV_Steve
Tuning in

Hi

I have recently noticed that both my 360 remotes have become super-sensitive when  navigating around the Home and Guide screens.

Now when I press the up/down/left/right buttons around the OK button the screen position will frequently jump ahead. For example if I'm navigating the Channel Guide and pressing the down button it jumps down a few channels rather than the next line.  Happens doing the same across the Home Menu and moving across timeslots on the Channel Guide too.

This is something new and only been happening recently.  Worked fine before.

I've changed batteries but both are still doing this.

The fact that it's both remotes makes me think it's code related rather than the actual remote.

I'm on Build 4.36  Software version DCX960_-MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211203124539-NA004

Both remotes work fine with other functions.  It's just these navigation buttons.

Can anyone help?

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TV_Steve 

I'm on the same version as yourself and don't have any issues with the 360 remotes on either of my boxes.

Have you tried resetting and pairing the remotes again?

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote

To pair the remote again you can use either of the following two methods.

Hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Or press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions.

You might also want to compare your remote control details with mine in the Settings.

Software Version DCX960_MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211203124539-NA004 
Remote Control Application Stack version 660292
Remote Control Software Version 463684

Build 4.37 is presently being sent to 360 boxes, it's a staged rollout. The first I saw of it was a forum post around 2/3 weeks ago. I'm expecting my update anyday now as I seem to receive my update around 3 weeks after the "early birds"

EDITED due to typos.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TV_Steve 

I'm on the same version as yourself and don't have any issues with the 360 remotes on either of my boxes.

Have you tried resetting and pairing the remotes again?

Pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds will factory reset the TV 360 remote

To pair the remote again you can use either of the following two methods.

Hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Or press Home > Settings > Audio & Video > Pair remote with devices > Press OK then  Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions.

You might also want to compare your remote control details with mine in the Settings.

Software Version DCX960_MON-PRD-00.03-126-FS-AL-20211203124539-NA004 
Remote Control Application Stack version 660292
Remote Control Software Version 463684

Build 4.37 is presently being sent to 360 boxes, it's a staged rollout. The first I saw of it was a forum post around 2/3 weeks ago. I'm expecting my update anyday now as I seem to receive my update around 3 weeks after the "early birds"

EDITED due to typos.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @newapollo

Thanks for this.  Resetting the remotes worked!

I am on the same remote software/stack as you, so no idea why they started behaving strangely.

I should have tried the reset though.  DOH!

Your quick reply is much appreciated.

Steve

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Steve,

Thanks for the update.

Pleased see  the remotes are behaving properly again.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.