cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Lost Symbol episode 1 stream issue

cs_gandy
Tuning in

Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong board to post this.

Yesterday I attempted to watch Episode 1 of The Lost Symbol on demand, but the stream appears to be broken. The adverts play at the beginning, middle and end, but the main content is missing. As a result, during the main body of the programme all you can see is a green or grey stream with no audio. If you scrub through the timeline the programme will sporadically appear; however, if you try and watch it from that point at normal speed the green/grey screen reappears. I've found that this issue does not continue for episode 2.

Although it seemed unlikely to be my box, I carried out a factory reset, but as expected there was no change.

Any thoughts? 

Thanks
Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Just to let you know I'm no longer experiencing the issue.

Thanks

Chris

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi @cs_gandy 

I've just tried to view the episode by using Search rather than On-Demand ...

It is allowing me to watch in SD / HD / UHD with no problem.

Try just searching for the episode and see if it works 🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your quick response 🙂 Unfortunately this still hasn't worked for me. I've tried to watch it via Sky Showcase and Sky Max using the search function, but have had no luck.

I've uploaded an image for reference.

Thanks

Chris

signal-2021-12-07-163614.jpeg

Ah, @cs_gandy 

Strange ...

Hopefully, one of the Community VIP's or Forum Staff will be able to help resolve this issue.

🤞🤞🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue here with episode 8. Tried a few times, sometimes a grey screen, sometimes green.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I use a V6, but the underlying VoD assets are the same - it's just the software front-end that differs.

I can't replicate any issue with S1 E1 on this series, but... There do seem to be 2 sets of HD versions for E1 & 2 SD versions. I've tested both and they both played ok - although it would be interesting to see if there's any way around the 360 ecosystem where different options are presented.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just checked on my 360.

The  Lost Symbol episode 1 is shown as  vailable via Sky Showcase HD, Sky Max HD, Sky Max SD and Sky On Demand UHD.

Sky Replay only has episodes 3,4 and 5.

Hmmm  Whilst I was checking this episode 1 disappeared from Sky Showcase HD 

Sky Max HD has a green screen which changes to grey (no adverts)

Sky Max SD shows the adverts then goes to green and grey screens.

Sky On Demand UHD  shows the Sky Max SD logo, no adverts and plays correctly in UHD.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! Just tried as you suggested.  Went in via Channels > Sky On Demand and I can see Ep8 ok.

Just a grey screen via other, more normal, options.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @cs_gandy

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with watching the lost symbol. 

As a few days have past since your last post I just wanted to check in and see how things are looking now? have there been any improvements? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Hi Zac,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately I'm still having the same issue. Looking back at my original post I incorrectly described it as an On-Demand issue - it's actually if you try and watch it via Sky Showcase and Sky Max using the search function. I don't have a subscription for Sky-Replay, which means the search function is the only option to watch the earlier episodes. Also, I can confirm, the same issue happens on Episode 8.

Thanks

Chris