cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tailored adds are now on by default.

kirk1690
Superfast

Just got this big full page message up on my screen when took box out of standby , I presume this means ads on virgin pages and the EPG ,no way could they interfere with broadcast television. Is that correct and why has this setting been activated .? 🎱💰💰💰

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi kirk1690,

I too saw the full screen message regarding tailored ads after rebooting when I noticed my box was on channel 100.

The ads were already on the box before the update, and the option was already there previously under Settings > System > Tailored Ads.

I already had the choice between tailored or general ads before the update. I'm not certain but I think the only difference is in the wording as I had previously opted for tailored ads. The wording just makes it clear that VM collect information about your viewing habits unless you turn it off?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi kirk1690,

I too saw the full screen message regarding tailored ads after rebooting when I noticed my box was on channel 100.

The ads were already on the box before the update, and the option was already there previously under Settings > System > Tailored Ads.

I already had the choice between tailored or general ads before the update. I'm not certain but I think the only difference is in the wording as I had previously opted for tailored ads. The wording just makes it clear that VM collect information about your viewing habits unless you turn it off?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kirk1960

Thanks for posting n our community forum!

Have you been able to sort this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ashscrivens1
Dialled in

I believe "Tailored Ads" are actually adverts while watching live tv or OnDemand are tailored to you using Sky Adwords technology, its rather clever.

While watching Sky sports news I have seen adverts from my local council in the past

Virgin Media and Sky unveil UK launch date for AdSmart partnership | Virgin Media

But I could be wrong