TVUK Play

davidrichardson
Tuning in

How can you install UKTV Play app on TV 360

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can't - apps on VM TV boxes are preinstalled by VM, they don't work in the same way as Android or iOS devices with an app store.

You can find UK-TV OnDemand programmes through your 360 menus/guide though... someone with 360 should be along shortly to give you step-by-step help with that, I use a V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks I will wait for the guide.

I have already found the on demand route but asking for purchase of the programme/series "The Good Wife" whereas UKTV Play advertised it as free.

I will go without if I have to pay!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@davidrichardson wrote:

Thanks I will wait for the guide.

I have already found the on demand route but asking for purchase of the programme/series "The Good Wife"

Can you explain what you mean here? Because if you've found the OnDemand programme, then you've found the answer and that's what a 360 user is going to show you. I can see all the past series of "The Good Wife" on my V6 and so the availability is not the issue here.

I suspect you have another problem, and it's nothing to do with your 360 box but everything to do with your package.

OnDemand content comes in 2 main types..

"CatchUp" shows programmes recently broadcast and generally in the past 30days. Inclusive on all TV bundles.

"Boxsets" are complete and/or past series, these are inclusive on Maxit/XL/Full-House bundles, but "upgrade to watch" on all other TV tiers.

If you're not sure which you have, check your contract and/or bills via your myVM online account. Or check whether you can watch (I'm picking a Maxit-only TV channel completely at random here) Sky Nature HD on Ch279.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi David. 

As @japitts states you cannot download the UKTV Play app on TV 360 as all out apps are already preinstalled onto the set top box. As long as you subscribe to the channels in which these shows air on, there should be no reason as to why you can't view them. Log into your online account to check your package and confirm what channels are included here. If the channel is not included in your package, you'll need to purchase the episodes/boxset if you wish to watch them from the 360 set top box. 

To add channels or make changes to your package you can customise this here.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley