cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 won't play videos

davorg
Up to speed

PXL_20220321_191457566.jpg

It was working at lunchtime, but this evening I'm getting the error message in the picture. I've tried recent recordings and really old ones and the error is the same.

A couple of other, possibly related, symptoms:

* A recording that was scheduled at 6pm tonight failed for "technical reasons"

* My login to iPlayer was forgotten (I haven't tried other apps yet)

Any idea what's going on? What does that error message mean?

Cheers,

Dave...

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer
4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

Have you tried doing a factory reset and selecting the option to keep your recordings, also resetting your hub.

davorg
Up to speed

Ok. I rebooted the box and it all seems to be working again now 

@davorg
Former Cable & Wireless and ntl customer

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davorg 

I receive that error message now and again. It basically means the 360 has lost it's internet connection. Sometimes it's a sudden drop and comes straight back on, other times it needs intervention from myself. It can also be a VM system issue and may show up under check network status at the top of the page.

I can't say it affects recordings that have already started in my case as they generally play, however it sometimes stops me going into apps.

When that error mesage displays I often can't access settings, on the occassions that I can  I usually reset the 360 network settings changing connection type from 5GHz to 2.4GHz and it starts working correctly again.

If I can't get into the settings then a reboot  succesfully connects to the network and the error message disappears.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @davorg

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue and I'm glad to hear that the box is now working. Has everything worked okay since your last post?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs