cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 upgrade went ahead automatically

Stumperbob
Tuning in

This is subject of an active COMPLAINT at 17th Oct 2021. I agreed to upgrade broadband in a cold call from Sales on 7th. This entailed small price increase and 18 month contract. I specifically declined TV changes as I was told we’d lose recordings.  However the upgrade occurred automatically overnight 16/17th. Yes recordings from 2 years lost and many not available on Catch-Up. Series Links lost.

There are some good points - fast start, voice activation, restart programme.

Am I alone on bad points? Not only lost recordings but also - too many clicks to get where you want, won’t pair with sound-bar, cannot separate recordings from 2 rooms/boxes/profiles, remote controller not intuitive, programme listings no better if not worse to scroll and find, series link doesn’t pick up previous episodes (did it used to on V6?). Overall even after a little practice not really any improvement worth paying for.

I wonder why it wasn’t backward compatible with data (recordings) as you would expect if you upgraded your phone, Windows or any other software ?

BTW the broadband speed increased at hub but around house not much better - continue to wait for in-line booster pod !

18 REPLIES 18

TVmadone
On our wavelength

I've had 3 boxes for years so I've had many types of boxes including the first cable recording box TV Drive  LOL   My question is has anyone updated 3 boxes in one home to the 360 software ?

Also I have just been told that I now have to pay £ for someone to come to my home to update my 3 V6 boxes to the new 360 software WHY?

I'm on the full ophh package and has been a virgin customer for over 15 years so I looked over the virgin pages and I should get the update for free and there is no notice saying that they will charge customers on my package ?

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Stumperbob

Sorry to hear you feel this way in regards to the TV360 upgrade and for the inconvenience caused in regards to the lost recordings and series links.

We appreciate you providing your feedback on your experiences using TV360 so far, we do have help here for the service and can see you have spoken to the team today. Were you able to discuss the complaint you hve open during the call or the issues with the upgrade and your broadband servcie?

Rob

deans6571
Wise owl

@Stumperbob wrote:

This is subject of an active COMPLAINT at 17th Oct 2021. I agreed to upgrade broadband in a cold call from Sales on 7th. This entailed small price increase and 18 month contract. I specifically declined TV changes as I was told we’d lose recordings.  However the upgrade occurred automatically overnight 16/17th. Yes recordings from 2 years lost and many not available on Catch-Up. Series Links lost.

There are some good points - fast start, voice activation, restart programme.

Am I alone on bad points? Not only lost recordings but also - too many clicks to get where you want, won’t pair with sound-bar, cannot separate recordings from 2 rooms/boxes/profiles, remote controller not intuitive, programme listings no better if not worse to scroll and find, series link doesn’t pick up previous episodes (did it used to on V6?). Overall even after a little practice not really any improvement worth paying for.

I wonder why it wasn’t backward compatible with data (recordings) as you would expect if you upgraded your phone, Windows or any other software ?

When upgrading your phone or in Windows, you are upgrading the software versions ONLY. So on a phone, you may be going from version 3 to version 4. Or in Windows, you may be upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 so the end result stays the same, the software remains the same, just a better updated version, hence why your data doesn't get deleted.

When changing from TiVo to 360, you are getting completely different software - so imagine your phone getting an upgrade from Android software to iOS software, the data WOULD be wiped in this instance.

BTW the broadband speed increased at hub but around house not much better - continue to wait for in-line booster pod !

...see above in red.

TVmadone
On our wavelength

About 2 weeks ago I phoned Virgin on 150 for my boxes to be updated the 360 software and I was told that they would only updated 2 of my 3 boxes to the new software. I agreed to that and they booked me a appointment day for that to happen and the equipment to be sent to me for that date for free.

The day came and no equipment had came and I waited in all day hopefully the remotes will still come and software app loaded on my boxes.

By 6pm I phoned Virgin and told them that I have not received the remote and or software update to my boxes.  They said that they couldn't find any information about it on their system.  So I said that I have a email that was sent to me. 

And they apologise for the inconvenience caused and said that they will rush me the equipment and update for them messy up. Then they dropped a bomb with that they can't update just 2 of 3 boxes and all will have to be done with that a engineer is required for that and a cost for that can not be waved even though they have let me down and wasted my day.  But he told me that they could do it on Wednesday ( today) and the remote will be able to given to me by the engineer.

Well today I had waited in for the engineer to come and I needed to check my emails so checked into my account and saw that the order was for next Monday instead of what was agreed on Monday evening. 

I phoned Virgin and they said sorry for the inconvenience as they could see a note on my account about Wednesday but also Monday appointment too. 

I said that this means that I have wasted another day and now have waited in on Monday.  I've been totally upset with this and I want insurance that it was on this Monday 100% and if they let me down again I will never forget it.

He told me that he is sorry for these changes and he offered to drop the cost completely on the engineer for Monday as he could hear I was not happy...  SHAMEFUL VIRGIN MEDIA. 

He then said that he could do me a deal with him updating my services from 0omph to new 0omph with new 1Gb and hub 4 and new O2 sim for new 18month contract for £116.75 a month 

But as I've said that I want keep the engineer appointment for Monday he can't do both things at same time...so I got phone after my boxes have been updated to get the deal. 

Now I've checked the website and seen that Virgin offer same thing for just £99 a month now I'm Well [REMOVED]  now .

Why aren't I getting the service from Virgin media? 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

TVmadone
On our wavelength

I looked at Virgin media sites and they say that the new software does delete any recorded content and other stuff as its a complete new software .

But the item you said about no serial links on the new software is not going to be liked by customers as its a good thing and other boxes from other companies all have that service on them including sky, BT and Freesat boxes.

I've checked the website and it's saying that the new software does have serial link like the Tivo software has and other boxes on the market. 

So would like this opportunity from Virgin people on these communities page's to tell us if that service has gone from the new 360 software 🤔  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When clicking on the red record button you can alter the recorddings from the pop up box that opens, including advanced options.

You can set a series link for all available episodes; All from this episode onwards and a further refinement --

The series link starts from the season you set it too ie if there are 8 seasons and you set the 1st recording at season 4 it will record seasons 4 to 8, or all from series 8 and onwards

Also when setting up a series link go to advanced and select which box you want the recording to be made on. It will then be recorded on that box going forward, even if the default recording box is the other one. So all you need to do is reset your series links to record on the box you want them to. Unfortunately to reset the links, you'll need to delete and reset. You can also use the same method to record individual programs rather than series.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi TVmadone,

You do still have serial links on the 360 and set them like newapollo has said, when you do the upgrade you will lose your series links you already have just the same as any recordings and unfortunately there is no way to transfer recordings or serial links. Also you have to wait for the Series to appear on the guide before you can set a series link.

Thanks Rob

As I said the upgrade went ahead automatically without my say-so and against my wishes discussed on a Sales cold-call where I accepted BB offer.

This is subject to an active complaint due to loss of recordings/links which I have discussed since on phone.

Despite stating on complaint I wished to be contacted by phone, I seem to be playing email tennis with Resolutions Team which seems semi-automated robotic and responding ad if I was complaining about service interruption. So that’s a second complaint about complaint handling !

Thank you moderator. Well I think I appreciate your technical explanation but the Android/iphone analogy is well off track as they are different providers.