cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 upgrade app no show

LouLou1921
Tuning in

Hi 

I've received my new controller for TV360 but there is no app on the home screen. Have had the controller 5 days and nothing, tried asking for help from Virgin via Twitter, on the phone and via website but again none forthcoming. Would really appreciate any advice even if its just to tell me the upgrade will happen automatically if I wait long enough. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LouLou1921 

Have you checked in the all Apps folder?

The upgrade to 360 does usually ahppem automatically around 5 days after you've received the new remote.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @LouLou1921, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling to upgrade your TV box to the TV 360.
Please check the article here for more information on how to get this done.

Let us know how you get along or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Were still having trouble as we have no upgrade app on ths home screen or in apps folder and recieved the controller a week ago. Yet no update has happened automatically can't get any help over the phone on website or via Twitter. Pulling hair out now! If honest! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is your box still working as a V6? Do you have full functionality, or is anything broken?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The box is still working as a V6, with the old controller. The new controller won't work at all and we still haven't got the upgrade app or had the box upgrade automatically to TV360. Can't get any help from Virgin either. 

We've looked at this before it's no help. We DON'T have an app so we CAN'T upgrade, and we've now had the controllers for 8 days and no automatic upgrade has happened either. We've also tried calling and asking for help via twitter and we don't get anywhere. We just need the app putting on the home screen but no one will help us make that happen. Just keep getting referred to the help pages which are no help when what you need to upgrade is missing and no one at Virgin will do anything to rectify that.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi LouLou1921,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you have not been able to complete the update on the box. 

I would like to check that everything is set up from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm some details. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

LouLou1921
Tuning in

After 14 days of not being able to upgrade to TV360 we've now partially upgraded, and by partially I mean we can use the new controller for basic functions like recording/pausing live TV but nothing more and our V6 box is still acting as a V6 box. We have no catch up, on demand etc just various error messages incl calling UNKNOWN and codes incl C501 and V210 and the fault line don't have any clue how to resolve this. Has anyone had any similar issues? Was it simple to resolve or are we stuck until engineer can visit at weekend? And more importantly is TV360 really worth all the hassle? 🤔

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The obvious thing is that a tech visit won't have been booked without good reason, and if remote fixes are failing, then that's the standard (and correct) faults process.

Presumably you did your research into TV360 before choosing to convert, so you know what to expect and what's different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks