cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 remote power light flashes

markdyer72
Fibre optic

For some reason my tv and virgin box came on for no apparrant reason. Remote wasn’t touch.  Now when I pick up the remote when the system is off the red standby power button flashes 5 times.   Any ideas 

8 REPLIES 8

joebloggs
Superfast

Mine does that every time I pick the remote up while the box is in standby - maybe it’s just telling us it’s off 

Ah ok I had never noticed before today 😁

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @markdyer72,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thank you for your post. 

How are things looking since you posted? Have you ran through any of the basic checks via our troubleshooting page?

Let us know if the issue still persists and we can take a closer look for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Ayisha_B wrote:

Hi @markdyer72,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thank you for your post. 

How are things looking since you posted? Have you ran through any of the basic checks via our troubleshooting page?

Let us know if the issue still persists and we can take a closer look for you. 

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂 

All’s good thankyou, must be normal that it flashes 5 times when the v6 box is off.

Thanks for coming back to me @markdyer72

Glad to hear all is good! You know where we are if you need us 🙂

Have a great day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

the trouble shooting link does not work ,404 error ,as also happens in the check status page when checking for unknown fault

Anonymous
Not applicable

@markdyer72 wrote:

For some reason my tv and virgin box came on for no apparrant reason. Remote wasn’t touch.  Now when I pick up the remote when the system is off the red standby power button flashes 5 times.   Any ideas 

The remote’s power button flashes when the the box is off and remote is moved as a visual prompt to power-on the box. 

Thanks for coming back to us @jbutt47208. Are you still having the same issues and if so have you been able to check for any issues on service status page, since you last posted?

Regards,

Steven_L