cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 remote not working on tv.

gilburton
Dialled in

I've recently installed the new 360 and I can't get the remote to work on the Sharp aquos android tv.

It works fine on the 360 box but has no effect on the tv eg volume.

It does tell me that the remote is paired??

This is only for the tv so I can use one remote for volume and on/off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I assume you are connected from the 360 to TV without a soundbar, what you could try is when pairing the remote doing the volume key procedure is the first time the volume changes say no, you might find another setting that will also work, there will probably be more than one.

Also if you are connected to HDMI 1 this is probably a HDMI-ARC connector you could try using another HDMI port to see if t hat makes any difference first.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi gilburton,

Have you looked at Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control, and set that to Sharp Aquos ?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

If you go to Settings, Audio and Video, is Volume keys control showing your Sharp TV ?

It just says Sharp and tells me the tv is paired??

Just to add there is listed Sharp- Roku could that be it as it's an android tv?? I'm not running a Roku box.

You could try repairing again from Settings because you use the volume keys to pair the remote to the TV. 

I'll try it again later today although I did go through the procedure before

Still nothing the tv says "It's a match"

I assume you are connected from the 360 to TV without a soundbar, what you could try is when pairing the remote doing the volume key procedure is the first time the volume changes say no, you might find another setting that will also work, there will probably be more than one.

Also if you are connected to HDMI 1 this is probably a HDMI-ARC connector you could try using another HDMI port to see if t hat makes any difference first.

It's alive lol That was the solution. They are making them too complicated these days lol👍

It's now in HDMI 2