cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 loses network connection during Netflix

BillWills
Joining in

Hi All,

we had our new Virgin Media services installed yesterday. Main TV360 box and mini 350 box connected via Ethernet cables.

All works fine, Live TV and recordings.

however, when we watch Netflix on the main box, after approx. 40 minutes the box loses its network connection.

to reset to Ethernet or to WiFi is to no avail.

restarting the box with power off/on doesn’t solve it.  After some time however, the Ethernet is active again.

any ideas or same issue from others here ?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the same thing happen when using other internet-based facilities such as OnDemand?

That will help ID if this is a Netflix-app issue, or an internet-connectivity one.

By the same token, you've mentioned having 2 boxes and only one is affected by this issue - can you confirm?

And if so - please try swapping the 2 boxes around and see if the fault moves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BillWills thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that your Netflix is cutting out on your main box.  Can you please confirm if this is happening with Netflix only?  Also is this Netflix issue only happening on your set top box?  For example if your smart TV has the app is it cutting off on there too?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi All,

Over recent days, I have done more testing.

Swapped mainTV360 box with the mini in its place. Both are still hard wired into the router.

Been using the mini box to play Netflix. Works for a couple of episodes, then the box seems to think it lost network connection. Same as the main box did.

I check on the Router, and the boxes are still connected okay.

Only fix so far is, switch box off, leave it and then turn back on (no reset nor reboot). After a while the box has its network connection again (from Tschüss view), even though the router has box always connected and no drop.

Not tried any other OnDemand yet. 

PS: all other devices such as Smart TV or Tablets work flawlessly. Same as Sky Q used to work flawlessly in this setup and use. No Internet outage either - just the Virgin boxes playin silly ….

must be a Virgin Box software issue to think it has lost network, when it has not.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillWills wrote:

Swapped mainTV360 box with the mini in its place. Both are still hard wired into the router.

Been using the mini box to play Netflix. Works for a couple of episodes, then the box seems to think it lost network connection. Same as the main box did.

Did you use the same Ethernet port/cable?

Or was that swapped too?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Not sure if you have answered japitts question in post 2, did both boxes have the same problem in both locations or was it just where the main box is, if both box locations have the same problem if you have the netflix app on your TV do you get the same problem.