cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Upgrade

lukepawley
On our wavelength

I recently recieved my upgrade pack for moving to TV360. Upon recieiving this, I followed all instructions but there was no option to 'Upgrade to TV360' on my V6 box, either from the home screen or from the Apps and Games screen. It has been 4 days now and I have made a total of 4 hours 34 minutes worth of phonecalls over 7 separate occasions only to be fobbed off time and time again. Nobody at Virgin seems to be able to force the upgrade through and each time they promise me a callback (4 occassions) and I get nothing, nada, zip! This is the tip of the iceberg. I am on a multi-room contract so they sent me a V6 mini as well to replace my Samsung Tivo. Upon switching on the Tivo 4 days ago, all my channels were blocked and I could not connect. So, I plugged in the new V6 mini and went through setup. Now all I get is C1011 error - Can't retireve account. So, no services at all in one room, no upgrade option in another. No help at all from the tech team, no phone calls back from anyone.

This is all after another issue 3 weeks ago during which it took 6 days and 14 phonecalls to get a replacement Tivo box (beofre I made the mistake of trying to upgrade) because the original one had perished. 

When I spoke to the agent about refunding my monthly payment, or at least part of it, for lack of services, he said they couldnt do that and that nobody from the CS team would help me after I requested to be put through to them. It is, quite simply, the single most frustrating and incompetent service provider I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Drivel. I mean, of the highest order. 

It has been a month. Nothing has been done to help solve this issue. The representative on the phone literally told me that if they needed to, they would replace the box with one which had the software already installed on it. If that is wrong then by definition, this exemplifies my points perfectly. 

I don't need an apologist for VM's clear incompetence or their lack of care for anyone or anything other than profit. I need what I have paid for and am paying for, neither of which I have. 

The virus or indeed, your colleague's cement woes for what they're worth, have no bearing on VM not calling back when promising to. Cutting me off after being placed on hold for 28 minutes and not calling back....twice!. Of my being told that instalation would happen automatically in 7 days.... twice. It has no bearing on the contempt they had for me 2 months ago when they demanded on sending out an engineer because of a broken ethernet port on an old Samsung Tivo box even though we were unable to allow anyone into the house due to the complex nature! of one of my children's health needs. Their representative actually said and I quote 'well does the kid never go out?'. No. He doesn't. On that occasion, after 2 weeks and 5 or so hours on the phone, a competent agent called Paulina (PZ) on Twitter invited me into a chat and after about 3 minutes popped a new box in the post and 24 hours later it was problem solved. So much for the 'world shortage'

If you had bothered to read the thread instead of reacting to a single post you will have understood my angst. 

At the moment I have a mini V6 working fine with TV360 as a second box hence my the signal quality is not an issue. I have a main V6 which at first did not have any option to upgrade and now has no services at all other than live TV and an account status that says closed hence this is an account profile issue. An engineer will not help other than to try a new box or ring in to VM whilst here and speak to a competent person who can send through the correct push signal or update my account status appropriately, something we as mere customers are unable to do, seemingly. Given the opportunity, I'm sure I could do this but it seems that nobody at VM understands how their own systems work. At one point, a tier two tech was trying to tell me that it wasn't working because I have a discount applied to my account.... seriously, this is what I'm dealing with.

So, apologise on their behalf and make as many excuses as you want to. Good luck to you. I, on the other hand, will be away from this shambles of a service as soon as is contractually possible as will as many of my customers as I can possibly advise. 

I would suggest, if there is a 'world shortage' of equipment then VM should perhaps stop offering new systems to new customers and deal with those that are being royally shafted instead. My suspicion is that there are plenty of V6 boxes available for any new customer who is foolish enough to sign up for this horrorshow.... isn't that strange....?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

44 REPLIES 44

TonyJover
Up to speed

The mini box won't work without the main box being 'upgraded' (I use that term loosely) to TV360.

Have you been sent a 360 remote? They won't upgrade you until you have.

How old is your V6 box? If it's an old one then it can't be software patched to TV360.

VM have stated on here and elsewhere that a new TV360 install along with a  Mini to replace a Tivo requires an engineer's visit. They've only just started doing those again since the lockdown has eased, so I believe that's what you'll need to be aiming for.

TonyJover
Up to speed

@lukepawley wrote:

Nobody at Virgin seems to be able to force the upgrade through...

That will be because of the Tivo, and as I wrote above, it apparently requires an engineer visit.

@TonyJover wrote:

How old is your V6 box? If it's an old one then it can't be software patched to TV360.

...is that correct ? Why is that then? I thought all V6 boxes could be upgraded (how is anybody supposed to know the actual age of their box) ??!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, I'm pretty sure it's not correct. I've never quite got my head round the Arris vs Humax thing, but last time I checked the Arris variant could run both TiVo & 360 firmware but the Humax could only run 360/Horizon.

Others more familiar can probably confirm, but there shouldn't be any hardware issues with migrating an existing V6 to 360. There may be confusion with cases where customers have TiVo's, which do require a hardware swap - and would quite likely goto a diskless-mini-box.

Someone like @BenMcr or @BlueLou  can possibly confirm, and I hope neither of them mind the ping.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Arris hardware can run 360, so that's all hardware that has been install as a V6 and converted to 360, or any boxes installed new as a 360 box.

If you have a single TiVo box along with Arris harware, it can be swapped out to a Mini as part of a 360 upgrade.

If you have more than one TiVo along with a V6, then it's a engineer install.

And I think that TiVo only is also engineer install at the moment.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @lukepawley,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear this happened with your TV360 upgrade. I have been able to access your account using your forum details and I can see you recently spoke to our team regarding this. Has the issue been fully resolved with our team? Do you require any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@japitts wrote:

No, I'm pretty sure it's not correct.

Well, we recently had our very early V6 box replaced due to a failing hard disk.  The engineer who replaced it informed me that "As this is a newer V6 box you can now upgrade to TV360 if you want to".  We don't want to, and anyway we have a Tivo in another room so we'd have to have an engineer visit to do so anyway (or so I've been told).

@BenMcr wrote:

If you have a single TiVo box along with Arris harware, it can be swapped out to a Mini as part of a 360 upgrade.

I was told by a Tier 2 support person that I couldn't do that and I would have to have an engineer visit as I have a Tivo (just the one) and a V6.

I don't want to move to TV360 anyway as from all I've read it appears to still be in early beta.

If you have one V6 TiVo software box and a TiVo box the TiVo box needs to be replaced by a mini box. The V6 TiVo box gets a software upgrade to become a 360 Horizon software box which is the same software as the mini box. The original Tivo box can't run the Horizon software. 

The choice is yours to change or not to change, you need to read the threads to decide if the time is right for you, I don't know if the V6 will receive any more updates but the 360 will definitely (hopefully) receive more, some sooner than just changing the standby led colour. Which could have been left blue.

This link tells you how to do the self install if you decided to change,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Upgrading-to-360-from-existing-V6-amp-TiVo-setup/...