cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Upgrade Email Legit?

Tom_0778
Joining in

Just had an email from virgin asking if I want to upgrade for tv360 for free. Can click the link and log in but in very skeptical about this because when I log in to the virgin site off my browser and log into my account there is no offers available for tv360 for me there. 

so is this a real email? Or scam?

Upgrade for free to Virgin TV 360
Hello Tom,
You have some of our older TV equipment, which means you may not be getting the best TV experience; like our new service, Virgin TV 360.

It won’t cost you anything, we’ll just send you a new remote in the post and then complete a software update to your existing TV boxes. Virgin TV 360 will allow you to access features and apps (such as Disney+ if you are subscribed) that are not compatible with your current TV experience without any need to change your current package.

If you would like to switch to Virgin TV 

Thanks,

The Virgin Media team
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

banhamm
Up to speed

You should immediately delete the link though from this forum thread as it shows everyone your Name and Address as the offer is exclusive to you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

banhamm
Up to speed
The URL looks genuine to me. The link goes to a genuine VM website link.

banhamm
Up to speed

You should immediately delete the link though from this forum thread as it shows everyone your Name and Address as the offer is exclusive to you.

Tom_0778
Joining in

How do I delete it 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tom_0778 

The Forum Modteam have already edited it for you

It is a genuine VM link 

Have a read of the following thread which dexcribes some of the differences between the V6 and 360 

-Features-v-TIVO-Features/ 

You can normally edit your posts within an hour of posting by clicking on Post options at the top right hand side of the post you want to edit, and click on the top option "Edit Reply"

edit.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first paragraph mentions a few things that I would recommend the OP is aware of before making this choice.

The mail refers to "older TV equipment", but then refers to using your existing TV box which means the OP has a V6. TV360 is a complete change of TV box software in a similar vein to Android being different to Apple. Some like it, some dislike it, but a change is irreversible - and this reference feels rather misleading to me.

The reference to accessing features & apps that are "not compatible with your current TV experience" is marketing guff, excuse my French. TV360 & TiVo/V6 are totally different - the mail references Disney+ which is indeed TV360-exclusive. But I bet it's not mentioning some of the other TiVo-features that TV360 lacks.

Do the research first - it may suit you, it may not. Great if it does, but if it's not right for you - find out before clicking the button...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The page that the email link takes you to has a checkbox at the bottom of the form that says 'I have read the terms and conditions set out below'

However, there are no Terms & Conditions anywhere to be found on this page.

Can someone from Virgin get this updated to include the T&Cs. There's no way I'm even thinking about pressing the 'Upgrade Now' button without reading them.