cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Sound Loss

Brightone
Joining in

I've had VM for 2.5 years and it's worked fine. I have a Panasonic TV (TX-65GZ2000B) coupled with a Samsung soundbar (HQ-Q950T).  For 30 months this has worked fine with the TiVO box.

Last week I "upgraded" to TV360 and ever since I've had issues with sound output.  By way of background the VM box is connected by HDMI to the TV and then an eARC cable to the soundbar. 

The issue is that when I turn the TV off, then turn it back on again, I lose all sound. If I reset the soundbar by powering it off and on again, sound is back.  But only until I turn it off again after which it's back to resetting.  

I've isolated this to the 360 box by watching TV from the Freeview aerial and find I can turn it off and on again as often as I like.

I have a new contract so am about to exercise my 14 day cooling off period rights although I'd really prefer not to have to do that.  

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

As you haven't said I will ask the first obvious question, is the soundbar paired to the 360 ?

Not obvious to me. How do you pair the soundbar to the TV? I have added the soundbar to the Virgin menu and so the remote controls the soundbar volume (when it works). Was that what you mean?

Yes I did mean pairing the soundbar to the 360.

I have LG TV and soundbar with no problem, it does have a device manager setting for the smart remote.

Thanks for coming back to us @Brightone, have you been able to pair your sound bar to your 360 box as @roy247 suggested?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi

Yes, the soundbar has been successfully paired and the Virgin remote adjusts the sound on the soundbar. 

Regards

Hi @Brightone thanks for your reply and confirmation.

So now the soundbar is successfully paired to your Virgin TV 360 box, have you found the issues have stopped or are you still experiencing the same problems?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom

No, the problem persists. The soundbar was connected from the very start. The issue remains that I lose sound when I turn the VM box off and back on again. The only way to reset it is to power off the soundbar, then back on again.  

To remind everyone, this only started when I ran the upgrade from TiVO to TV360 last week and it had previously worked perfectly for 2.5 years of Virgin subscription.

Hey @Brightone, thank you for letting me know this information. 

So this has only been happening since the upgrade. 

Please can you confirm if you turn the box off fully or put into the standby mode? 

When this happens, please can you go into settings and check if the box is saying it connected or not? 

Please can you also change the input the speaker is plugged into. 

Also are you just using your sound bar only for the set up and not the sound output on the TV, please can you try this;

In your setup you only need this for the TV audio Switch off all CEC and ARC and use optical for that TV audio connection between sound bar and TV. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matt

I really appreciate the input and advice. However I am approaching the end of my cooling off period (the upgrade to 360 was part of a new contract) so I have exercised my right to withdraw and have cancelled the service. I would personally have liked to find a fix, but the input from Virgin has been poor to say the least, and I can't justify paying for something that doesn't work properly

Regards