cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 SCART/RCA Out

xerxes991
On our wavelength

Hello just got my TV360 box. I would like to be able to get component output from it, so that I can send signal to a remote TV which has coax aerial lead going to it. I presently do this with my Humax Freesat box, using its SCART output via an RF Modulator box. Obviously not HDMI, but ok for my purposes.
It seems there is no SCART output from the TV360. What are my options please?

Hard wired HDMI lead not practical, and wireless prob no good due to thick walls. 
So, back to my RF Modulator box option. 
Can I get component output from the TV360 by using a HDMI splitter and a HDMI to RCA converter? And would that still give me a good HDMI signal to main TV and a decent RCA which I can send to my remote TV? 
Thx for any pointers. 

21 REPLIES 21

Client62
Legend

Take a look at this convertor ... HDMI to Component Converter    ( it is a link to Amazon UK )

Thanks for that - very helpful.  That's the kind of thing I have been looking at, but wasn't sure if I needed the option to change the output scaling. My guess is that it would be a good idea - a shame to get a cheaper one that didn't give an output because I couldn't tweak the settings.

The other concern is that my RF Modulator box has three RCA inputs (Red, White, Yellow). I assume I need to match that?

Steve

Arghh. My mistake - I should have said that I needed a COMPOSITE (3 RCA) not a COMPONENT (5 RCA).  Apologies for that. The only HDMI to Composite converter devices I can see do not mention adjustable output resolutions.  Is that important?

Steve

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@xerxes991 wrote:

Arghh. My mistake - I should have said that I needed a COMPOSITE (3 RCA) not a COMPONENT (5 RCA).  Apologies for that. The only HDMI to Composite converter devices I can see do not mention adjustable output resolutions.  Is that important?

Steve

You will need to make sure that any converter you buy is HDCP 2.2 compliant or it will not handshake with the V360 decryption keys. Output resolution is 240 lines CVBS (as it is analogue & not digital) which is roughly equivalent to 576i resolution.

If you have more money to spend & the remote TV is digital you could consider a DVB-T modulator like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RZD912Y/ref=aod_recs_desktop_prsubs_2 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't have a V360 box, but if this is the item, that looks like custom SCART socket on the rear of it.

Scart sockets would offer Composite + L & R Audio.

Client62_1-1678890820162.png

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Client62 wrote:

I don't have a V360 box, but if this is the item, that looks like custom SCART socket on the rear of it.

Scart sockets would offer Composite + L & R Audio.

Client62_1-1678890820162.png

The XRGB SCART is not connected & never has been. The 3.5mm audio jack however does work

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

xerxes991
On our wavelength

Yes, I got quite excited when I saw the Scart socket, until I read on here that it was not functioning. So, if I went for the digital modulator (if funds allowed) and wanted to be able to send HDMI content (from TV360 box and Humax Freesat box) through the coax cable (ie aerial) network in the house, I would need a set up as shown on my terrible sketch? 

SteveHDMI.jpg

Can an TV360 box output 576i over HDMI ?

If it can't output 576i it might be less trouble to have 2nd TV360 !

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/5060

I should have made it clear that I would want to be able to run the main TV and remote TV at the same time off the same source. So I would always want the TV360 output set to 1080 or Auto. I would therefore need to have the modulator (whether digital or analogue) able to operate off a split 1080 HDMI signal. Is that going to be problemmatic?

This starting to get bigger than my brain and budget can cope with 🙂