cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 QuestionsThere are a bunch of TV360 remotes for sale online, if I purchase one and connect it to my

khabkean
Joining in

There are a bunch of TV360 remotes for sale online, if I purchase one and connect it to my V6 box, will that automatically trigger the upgrade to TV360?
Asking as virgin want a ridiculous £35 set up fee to post one out to me, and I can get one online delivered for less than a tenner.
Already feeling sore that I paid £35 set up fee to upgrade to GIG broadband, and had to do all the work myself, not to mention that my speed is now slower than my up to 620mbps was...

2 REPLIES 2

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

I am afraid that purchasing a remote online from a 3rd party will not trigger the update, the update is triggered by Virginmedia once they have sent out the remotes, also the property you are buying doesn't actually belong to the people selling them as all Virginmedia kit is loaned and not sold to customers and remains the property of Virginmedia.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello khabkean,

As explainer already the process for upgrading to 360 cannot be done by purchasing a remote online.

Sorry you feel the £35 activation fee is ridiculous.

Regarding the slow speeds ,What speeds are you getting and are these wired or non wired?

What devices are you  testing the speeds on and what Hub do you have ?

Gareth_L