cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Mini box losing connection

mames
On our wavelength

Since the software upgrade my mini box keeps losing connection and displays error message. CS9994. It shows that its connected ok to the hub but that the issue is beyond the hub. Main box is fine and all other wifi connected devices are fine.

I connect using wifi. Always been fine before. Tried all the usual things, reboot box, hub etc.

Is this happening to anybody else?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mames 

Sorry to see that your mini box is losing connection.

I'm still on the older 4.39 version so can't really comment to say that the update has caused the issue, but wouldn't have thought so, since the hardware hasn't changed.

I have noticed though that on my 360 it foten lost connection when I was connected on the 5GHz band and I had to reboot the 360 so it would reconnect.

I changed it so the box connected on the 2.4GHz band and it's been far better ever since. Although the 2.4GHz signal is slower it is far stronger (plus you don't actually need a faster signal for the 360)

It might also be an idea to check all of your cable connections, especially the white coxial, as per virgin-tv-error-codes/cs9994 

You could also try swapping your main and mini boxes around to see if the wifi radio signal strength in the other box is stronger

You might also want to try the following which can improve your internet overall.

Search for an app such as wifi analyzer which tells you the strength of the channel you are connected on, and also shows other channels so you can decide if you want to change the channel number on your hub to improve your signal

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless Signal >  beneath both the 5Ghz and  2.4GHz sections click on the Manual button, and in the drop down box click on the channel number you want to change it to, then scroll down and  click on Apply Changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

mames
On our wavelength

Many thanks @newapollo will give that a try!