cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Mini Box Connection

Stanl
Dialled in

I am a little confused about the set up of a TV 360 mini box in a second room.

Does it require a coaxial cable to be run from the external cable box on the road to the mini box in order to achieve full functionality.

On the description it said it is wireless but it seems that this is not the case.

Could someone with personal experience advise me as to what is the actual correct set up please.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Yes you do need a coax cable connection for live TV and a network connection either by ethernet cable or wifi for everything else.

The cable can be split from your existing external house box around the house to come into somewhere near your 2nd TV.

Some of the early advertising did make it sound as though you only needed wifi and you could move the mini box around the house to watch wherever you like.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All VM TV boxes need 2 connections.

1: A physical co-ax cable connection which carries the live TV channels

2: An internet connection for OnDemand, streaming and various updates. This must be via your VM homehub, and can be either wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi)

The only difference between a 360 master & a 360 mini is that the mini doesn't have a hard drive, and so relies on the internet connection for streaming to & from the master for all recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you both for your answers which are most helpful.

So where the salesperson told me that I can set this up myself, I actually need to get an engineer out in order to run a second cable from the box fitted externally at the property into the mini box.

Or can I do it all myself as has been suggested by the salesperson.

thanks.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Again - this is exactly the same as with all VM TV boxes.

If you have a working co-ax connection point where you want to use the equipment, then there's no reason you can't use the self-install "Quick Start" process where VM send you the kit and you install it yourself.

If you don't have a working co-ax connection where you need it, then you'll need a manned install to run the necessary cabling & connectors in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your help.

that is exactly as I had expected