cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Box ARC problem

CAAT_London
On our wavelength

I have just upgraded to TV360 about a month ago, the minute the upgrade completed, the connection via the TV ARC signal ceased and we cannot get sound through the Amp. I don't think any tinkering is necessary as I simply think the new software does not work as well as the old software, and it's clear from the number of complaints that this is a problem area. Are there any known fixes for this issue and/or do we know if Virgin are aware of the problem and that they are working on a fix for it?

In fact I would not recommend that anyone takes the TV360 offering, it has a bad UI (the V6 wasn't great, but this is worse), the tv remote no longer does the slight rewind when you fast forward through programmes to put you where you intended to continue watching (compensating for any reaction time). It's not worth losing any programme history and planned recordings programmes. It really has no advantage over the original V6 given the bugs.

I would love to solve this problem with the Amp, as the experience is sub-par now. I would have liked to have been warned before upgrading about the things that don't work, a bit like the notes you get with new medication! Although I'm annoyed, I would obviously be much less annoyed with fixes for some of these issues!

12 REPLIES 12

CAAT_London
On our wavelength

I have tried removing and resetting the Sony device, and have removed all other HDMI devices from the Sony Amp in case there was interference.

On the Samsung TV, when I search for Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) devices the TV no longer seems to recognise the Amp. The message I get on the TV is Anynet+ device not connected. Please check connection and retry. I have switched off and on the Anynet services. I don't think there's an option to pass through on the Samsung TV (it is from about 2014).

The issue is firmly connected to the TV360 upgrade, so it has to be to do with the Virgin Software. I had this problem when moving from the original V Box to the V6, but that was much easier to resolve. 

@CAAT_London wrote:

On the Samsung TV, when I search for Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) devices the TV no longer seems to recognise the Amp. The message I get on the TV is Anynet+ device not connected. Please check connection and retry. 

That sound's like HDMI control on the Amp is set to off.

I will check again, but I went through the amp settings switched them all off and back on again, which as you may know can be quite time consuming, and the device is still not recognised.

The interesting thing is that the amp switches on when the TV360 box is switched on, but the sound does not route through it.