cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV360 Auto deleting

delboy8
Tuning in

How many people keep on getting their recordings deleted after upgrading their V6 box to the fabulous TV360😎.  Let see if we can start a scoreboard & hope VM will realise they have to bring back the far superior V6.

I will start I have 5 times in 5 weeks. 

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@delboy8 wrote:

hope VM will realise they have to bring back the far superior V6.

Never going to happen. VM's parent company, Liberty Global, use the Horizon platform (marketed as TV360 in the UK) in all their other group companies, and VM-UK was the odd one out using TiVo-software.

Conversions from TiVo/V6 to TV360 have always been voluntary and no-one is forced. Encouraged absolutely, forced - no.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi japitts Very Insightful Person,

Thanks for your reply, as you say encouraged but not forced. the only problem is once they download TV360 software on your V6 box they say it can't be removed, & the only replacement boxes they have is TV360 so in a way you are forced as you can't go back to a V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@delboy8 wrote:

the only replacement boxes they have is TV360 so in a way you are forced as you can't go back to a V6.

I don't agree with this bit - there have been reports on here of what could be local V6 shortages, but that's not to say there's no replacement V6.

V6 remains fully supported and replacement boxes are available. Conversions to TV360 are voluntary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have been told by VM they only supply TV360 boxes now, as I have asked for a V6 box to replaced the one I "upgraded". Although I was told by a member of the sales team today if I upgrade my package & pay more I could have a V6 box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

New customers don't get a choice of installs, it's TV360 or Stream. Existing TiVo's are now swapped out for V6, but those remain fully supported. If any CS agent says that V6 replacements aren't available, they're either mistaken or plain wrong - depending on your viewpoint.

A package change is completely separate and distinct from your choice of TV box software. As I mentioned previously, there are no doubt encouragements but any package you're offered should be available on an existing V6 - you might just have to insist on it and be a little forceful if necessary.

I finally managed to get a V6 box. A tech was meant to bring one & install, but never turned up still waiting for an explanation as to why no show, just 3 texts to say he will be calling. The person I spoke to couldn't tell why he hadn't turned up, but used his initiative & send me out a V6 by courier (which I had been asking for the last 5 weeks). I have now been in tv heaven for 10days

Hi @delboy8 thanks for getting back to us.

And thanks for confirming you've got your desired outcome. Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

N8than
Tuning in

yes, all the recordings from terrestial channels deleted overnight. My V6 boxes were force pushed to 360, and nothing but problems since. it's a joke