cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV volume

Fatozzy
Joining in

Now I have upgraded to 360. I have gone through the process for connecting my to for volume. When testing the volume works fine but does not work after that on both my tv’s.

one of the 360 boxes is set to amplifier and I cannot change that to tv.

Using 2 remotes is a nightmare.

Steve

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Fatozzy wrote:

Now I have upgraded to 360. I have gone through the process for connecting my to for volume. When testing the volume works fine but does not work after that on both my tv’s.

one of the 360 boxes is set to amplifier and I cannot change that to tv.

Using 2 remotes is a nightmare.

Steve

Hi Steve,

You should be able to go to Settings > Audio & Video > Volume keys control, and then press the OK button which will switch it back to TV, then press the "back key" which is just above and to the left of the speech button.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave thanks for the reply but it will not change it just stays on amp. on the other box is says my tv is connected but it is not.

roy247
Community elder

Hi Fatozzy,

Let's take one at a time, what should be easy one is the one connected directly to the TV, did you pair the TV to the 360 using the model number or using the volume test, if the 2nd one you might need to ignore the first one that work's and try another, what's the model numbers of your TV's and soundbar you are having problems with, this might get you a more informed answer.

Hi Fatozzy,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you're having some issues with the volume, are you able to answer the questions from roy247 so we can get a better idea of what the problem is?

Alex_Rm

Hi Roy thanks for replying

1st box, paired the device. the volume changed and then saved. it now says Amp. go in to change and it will not budge from amp to TV.

2nd box paired the device. the volume changed and then saved. It says TV but the volume controls do not work.

They both worked when tested but when saved neither works. I assume the screens are too old. They are both same Pioneer Kuro Plasmas but different sizes 60 and 43.

Steve

roy247
Community elder

With the box that is only paired to the TV it might be a case of not accepting the first Pioneer volume test that works, other people have said that they have had to work through the list to find the correct one for their TV.

The box that won't change from Amp to TV I would suggest trying to unpair the amp but I don't think it's easy this is how someone managed it, his word's,

" Don't know what I've done but I've sorted it. 

As I went back into the pairing bit on the Audio, but put " NO " to pairing it up, and then continually putting " NO ", which then unpaired it. Plus it seemed to have sorted the volume problem out which was originally rubbish. "

Cheers

I have tried those so I assume modern technology is pushing the old quality gear out of the window again.

Steve