cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV service not working

des62
Tuning in

I have not had any TV service to my house in TS5 since January 7th, the latest update says it will not be restored until the 17th at the earliest. This is very poor. Why is it taking so long to fix, and can you tell me how much I will be reimbursed on my bill

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure that there is a known fault causing this? 0800 5610061 is the best place to check. Although not impossible, I would find it hard to believe the timescales here if there is genuinely a complete loss of all broadcast TV - this does sound a little suspect.

VM's automatic compensation scheme doesn't cover TV services - you can check the details here 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AE6D8A8F-2942-4A7B-9141-1C9DFB304798.png

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

.... and the automated status line reports?.....

The screenshot reports issues with OnDemand & TV-Go. Neither cover loss of live broadcast channels, and TV Go issues will be totally unrelated.

Edited to clarify: If you have a loss of broadcast TV channels, I suspect you have a separate fault. You may struggle to convince  phone faults agent of this, but with a bit of clarity on here you have a fighting chance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @des62 

I live in Beechwood, not too far from yourself and have the same message as yourself in the check service status section.

The actual fault it's referring to is the TV Go app. It's been showing that issue for the past 10 days, but until today each day it's updated to say it will be fixed the following day. Now in the latest update they've actually changed the estimated fix date to Monday 17th.

This error won't be affecting the channels you are receiving through your set top box, all of my channels are OK.

I have tried clicking on get issue updates but the system keeps throwing up errors when entering an email address or mobile number.

Are you seeing any error messages on the TV through the 360?

If not are there any lights on the 360, and if so which ones please? It might help us to sort out the problem.

Does the 360 boot  up and show the Welcome screen in different languages?

mvm tvgo errormvm tvgo error

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi des62,

When you say you have no TV service is it just live TV or on-demand as well, also can you access your recordings, Just trying to narrow things down here. If you press the Home button and go to Settings and Network and select Diagnostics what results do you get.

I have had nothing at all. my box has not responded at all. I have had no access to any tv whatsoever, whether that is live tv, or recordings.

Strangely, this morning, everything is up and running. I have live tv and access to my recordings, but nothing in my planner has recorded in the past week. 

I'am still trying to phathom some kind of reason from virgin, I will let you know any response.

Thank you all for your help

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @des62

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

So sorry to hear about this and glad to hear this is now resolved.

Please do update us if you experience any further trouble.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs