cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV - message displays it will turn off

bezzie
On our wavelength

Whilst watching film the TV switched off message appeared on screen saying will turn off in so many minutes? Does anyone know what causes this and can it be switched in anyway!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

If it was the 360 message you can change the time it takes before going into Standby.

If you go to Settings > System > Standby time, you can change between 4, 5, 6 or 24 hours before the 360 is put into standby when there is no interaction with it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

If it was the 360 message you can change the time it takes before going into Standby.

If you go to Settings > System > Standby time, you can change between 4, 5, 6 or 24 hours before the 360 is put into standby when there is no interaction with it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the message came from your TV and not the 360 then it's probably because you need to go into the TV settings and change the stand by, or eco timer settings, sometimes called Auto Power to Off rather than On

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bezzie

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your TV.

Have you tried the above suggestions from the very helpful roy247 and newapollo? Please do provide us with an update.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs