cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV guide slow to update

Eddie98
Up to speed

Given that the Spurs v Arsenal game was announced as postponed more than 24 hours ago, why does the VM TV guide still have it in the Sky Sports Premier League schedule? This seems to happen a lot to the VM guide, it’s very slow to reflect schedule change compared to other providers. Why is this?

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM manage the EPG in-house which has certain benefits but does mean the broadcasters don't have direct access to make changes.

Typically 24-36 hours from a change being announced to the EPG being updated is about right for VM - although it can and does happen quicker where circumstances demand it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ozsat
Superstar

Depends on how long it takes for the broadcaster to provide a new schedule. The fact a match is cancelled doesn't mean that Sky have immediately provided a new schedule.

My SkyQ box recorded the Sky Sports UHD version of Spurs v Arsenal this afternoon - which ended as three hours of a Sky Sports UHD logo.

@Eddie98 wrote:

Given that the Spurs v Arsenal game was announced as postponed more than 24 hours ago, why does the VM TV guide still have it in the Sky Sports Premier League schedule? This seems to happen a lot to the VM guide, it’s very slow to reflect schedule change compared to other providers. Why is this?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5