cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV drops out when trying to watch catchup

gascar
Dialled in

I dont know if this is the right forum, TV360 and the rest mean nothing to me. There's nothing like that on the TV box.

I have a tv box and a router (not close together). No idea what "hub" means. I see a lot of replies have jargon in.

Website keeps failing but I don't see anywhwere useful on it to find out. Well it is Virgin.

TV keeps going black for 1 or 2 seconds every 3 to 10 seconds. Not really watchable. It has always done it a bit but it's too bad now mostly on catch-up.

No error codes.

Have turned tv box  off, wait, on. No change.

Is there anything else to try or do I have to put up  with it?  I do realise it's consistent with the normal  Virgin service, where nothing much works properly.

Will this work? Took 4 attempts

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @gascar 

You should be able to determine which box you have by checking the boxes on the following page.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

You can check which box you have Here identifying which box you have might help with the answers.

Hub and router on the forum 'generally' refer to your Virgin hub 3, 4 or 5 depending on how long you have had the hub chances are it's a hub 3, picture below.

virgin_media_hub_3_primary.jpg

How is the TV box connected to the hub wi-fi or ethernet cable.

If it's happening with live TV have you tried a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI connector on the TV.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gascar thanks for reaching out to us. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you are having with the TV box. 😞
I've had a look on my end and I can't see any errors with the TV box itself, in fact it is showing as a good and healthy connection.

Are you able to try a different power outlet in the house or even a different HDMI cable?
If it continues, please can you send a video of it cutting out?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs