cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box

mikey25
Tuning in

What is the difference between a Virgin TV 360 box and a Virgin TV V6?

How am I supposed to work out which one I have? It's not detailed on the box or clearly in the app either. So annoying!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mikey25 wrote:

My controls don't look like that either so that picture made matters more confusing..

On the page I linked to, there's a photograph of the V6 remote. In the picture I posted, there's a photograph of the 360 remote.

Take a photograph of your remote and post it on this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From the external look of the box, they are identical except for the remote (V6 shown here , 360 shown below)

1629411602364.jpg

The difference between them is the software they run - a V6 runs TiVo-software and will have the TiVo-logo in the top-right of the menu next to the video-preview. A 360 runs Horizon-4/360 software.

Do you have a query with using your TV service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I now understand what box I have but when you refer to the "menu" there isn't a menu button on the TV control or via the "Home" button on the TV control.

Think I can read what I need to if necessary about V6 box.

Thanks

Mike

My controls don't look like that either so that picture made matters more confusing..

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mikey25 wrote:

On the page I linked to, there's a photograph of the V6 remote. In the picture I posted, there's a photograph of the 360 remote.

Take a photograph of your remote and post it on this thread.