cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV box repeatedly not turning on

eveyr
Tuning in

I’ve been a Virgin customer for two weeks and am thus far unimpressed. 

We don’t watch TV all that often so it’s not had a great deal of use but pretty much every time I try to use it I seem to have to reboot the box.

It’s now stuck on the Welcome screen after having tried to turn it off/on and unplug it (after waiting before replugging) three times with no success.

Does it sound like I might have a faulty box or are the boxes just less reliable than the competitor offering I’m used to?

Thanks in advance for your help.

16 REPLIES 16

roy247
Community elder

Beer more like.

Beer for him, tea for me 😉

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@eveyr wrote:

I posted the other day and hoped that an admin would reply but instead they closed my post! Helpful.

You did indeed post the other day - that post is still there, I've merged this new post into it so they're all in the same place.

Not sure why you think it's been closed, currently staff are working with a 1-2 day turnaround in here so I just don't think they've got round to your post yet.

From the latest posts in this thread, I can't work out whether you've solved the problem or if it's ongoing?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @eveyr,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with your set top box.

Have you been able to reset the box as suggested earlier in the thread or check if it was on echo mode?

Please do let me know if you are still having issues and I will drop you a PM. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha

Thanks for your message. 

It was in eco mode but I’ve changed that and I’m still having problems. I have also done a factory reset. But this morning it’s the same again. I have tried to turn it on and after it’s not turned on using the remote or the button I have had to use the switch on the back. But I am again now stuck on the Welcome screen. I have been stuck on this screen for 20 mins.

if you can contact me directly that would be great, thank you.

eve

Thanks for coming back to me with a update @eveyr

I am sorry the issue is still ongoing. 

I will need to arrange a engineer visit for you who can check things over and if the box is faulty this can be replaced.  Before I do, will pop you a PM so we can get your address confirmed. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks so much for providing the details as requested via PM @eveyr

The appointment has been confirmed. Should you find the time and date not suitable, feel free to re-schedule via your online account or drop me a PM. 

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Enjoy the weekend!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team