cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV V360 Recording problems since upgrade

pbeesley
On our wavelength

Hi,

I upgraded my package a couple of months ago now, Internet to 1gb and opted to upgrade the TV box to the new V360, which was just a software upgrade as I had the V6 box for TV anyway. 

The upgrade process failed and after a few resets and resetting to default I eventually got it working on the new 360 software, we set up new series links to our favourite shows and all worked well for a week. 

Since then it just stops playing recordings or just stops partway through watching a recorded show and I get an error CS2217. I have reset it numerous times and reset it to factory settings and it works for a couple of days and then just gives up again. The family have given up on it as It just can't be trusted. When it was a v6 box we regularly had shows on there for months and not a single issue. 

Can anyone help ?.

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @pbeesley

Thank you for updating me on private message. Hopefully this is all resolved for you now with the tech appointment. 

If you have any further issues on the service, please post back on this thread and we'll investigate, we'll be here to help if needed. 

Have a nice weekend. 

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've moved your post to the TV360 board - now it's a 360, it's not a V6 anymore 😉

CS2217 can sometimes be a hard drive problem, but... do you ever have problems when you pause live TV and watch slightly delayed?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

pbeesley
On our wavelength

Hi thanks for moving this over, We have had problems with pause before, sometimes it can work great for a show and other times we cant pause but we are able to watch. 

Standard TV is fine it's just anything related to recording causes me problems. Funny enough it always seems to be shows the wife and kids want to watch 😀

Hi pbeesley,

Can you confirm if you are using the Virgin hub in router or modem mode as there have been several posts when this error has occurred that people are using their own router and use the virgin hub in modem mode.

Do you only have the one box because if you do that rules out streaming between 2 boxes.

If you only have the one box as japitts said pausing live TV for a minute or two and start watching again is a good test of the hard drive. If this doesn't work then it looks like a faulty box, you then need to phone Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, or wait for a forum team member to pick this up which maybe a couple of days.

pbeesley
On our wavelength

Hi Roy,

I don't think I have ever used the box in router mode, I have always used my own switches as I need support for multiple vlans at home.

Im probably going to have to call this weekend and just wait and see what happens with it. 

I just have the one cable box yes, it's a few years old. I will have a look at pausing at restarting this evening, its a good point. 

Thanks

Have you searched the 360 forum for CS2217 at the top of page it will list a few problems with people using the virgin hub in modem mode. 

Like This 

pbeesley
On our wavelength

I'll take a look over the weekend Roy, pretty new around these parts so still finding my way around. 

Thanks

Hi @pbeesley,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to heat you've been having some issues with the service. Just checking in to see if you were able to test by pausing and re-watching again as suggested on this thread? 

Let us know if the issue persists so we can offer further support where required. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

pbeesley
On our wavelength

Hi Ayisha,

It's hit and miss it works sometimes and then other times it just fails, I have been testing recordings with it and I would say it's 50/50 with what records and what doesn't, then it looks like it's recorded something and then you play it back and it fails. 

My family has lost faith in it and has reverted to using the TV apps like Iplayer, ITV player etc through the TV.

Thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

I'm sorry to hear that you have lost faith on the 360 recording features @pbeesley. I have check our system and can see that your power levels are out of specification which might be causing this intermittent recording issue. We will need to send round a technician to look into this further. Please join me on private message so we can locate the account and I'll book you the earliest available technician appointment. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley