cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Signal Problems

mward82
Joining in

I'm having intermittent but relatively frequent issues with TV signal quality across a variety of channels on my Virgin 360 box.

I have checked the Diagnostics page on the box and it shows signal quality as good - if I leave it on then this changes to moderate during the times that the picture is breaking up for a second or two.

I have tried rebooting the box and I have checked that all the coaxial cables are connected securely within my home. The problem persists.

M46 postcode

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media
3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds like you're reporting pixellation &/or picture breakup on live channels, this is often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No issues logged in the area for this. I think I'll wait to be contacted, can't be bothered to sit in a phone queue

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin Media

Hi mward82,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're currently experiencing issues with freezing and pixilation on your TV services with us.

As you have already performed the basic diagnostics, (which is great) and checked all cables are secure, we will need to investigate this issue further for you as our valued member @japitts has advised we may need to arrange and engineer to attend. 

I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.