cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Box extremely loud

cpapouis12
Joining in

Hi, my TV box's fan is very noisy it actually covers the TV sound unless I increase the volume quite a bit. Is this normal?

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

No it's not normal, you need to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and report a fault or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cpapouis12,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums!

I've attempted to run some checks on my end, but unfortunately, the box is showing to be turned off. Can you please make sure it is turned on whilst we run checks on our end?

Are you seeing any error messages on your TV Screen, or are you experiencing any issues with playback or recording on the box? In addition, can you please confirm if you have any lights showing on the box, and if so, what colour are they?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have the same problem with facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldn't find this topic troubleshooting in search engine.  My Coverage Info

Hi Leon748, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your 360 box is overly noisy. When you had the V6 service, did you notice the same issues or has this only been since you upgraded to the 360 service? 

• Have you got the box resting on anything? 
  • Is it in a well ventilated space?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs