cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Box Faulty Disk Drive

nvance1
Tuning in
Hi All,

I just posted this on the VM Facebook page in addition to here, hopefully I get some response to one of them.

I have a problem with my TV Box, I have tried to use the online help system, but it sends me round in circles as opposed to giving me any viable option such as requesting an engineer visit.
My issue is with the hard drive in the TV Unit, it is having read/write errors, and you can often hear the characteristic clicking noises as it attempts to repeatedly access a sector on the disk.

I am having problems with recording, pausing live tv, rewind and forward. I often get the message saying that this cannot be done at this time, I noted two error codes yesterday at different times. CS2000 and CS2217. A reboot will resolve most of these problems for a while, but of course the problems keep returning.

Any thoughts on how I can organise a replacement box or an engineer visit, as the online help is not giving me either option.

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nvance1 

I've moved your post to the 360 forum as the V6 boxes don't have those error codes.

Both error messages report recording playout failed and advise you to get in touch so they can run further tests.

Have you tried calling the faults team?  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @nvance1 

I've moved your post to the 360 forum as the V6 boxes don't have those error codes.

Both error messages report recording playout failed and advise you to get in touch so they can run further tests.

Have you tried calling the faults team?  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults you will hear the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc

Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Dave,

Upon calling the 0345 number for a second time, it recognised that I had called before and after a prompt whether I was still experiencing the problem I was placed in a queue automatically.

I have an engineer booked for next week now, so hopefully new box install and the problem is solved.

Thanks for the swift response....

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @nvance1 

Thanks for the update.

Pleased to see you managed to get straight through when the IVR recognised you'd called before.

Sadly you'll lose all your recordings and series links. Make a note of the series links so you can set them up again on the new box. Depending how many you have it might be easier to take a photo of them rather than writing them all down.

Hopefully some of your recordings may also be in the catch up or box sets sections.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @nvance1

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues you had with the TV box. 

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see the engineer visit has now taken place.

Is everything now working well for you?

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes all good thanks.

The new box has fixed all the issues we were experiencing

Thank you for the update.

That is great to hear 🙂

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide