cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Box 360 Keeps Dropping Out

jammiedodger23
Joining in

Had Virgin installed a few weeks ago, since the install the TV box keeps dropping out and i get a black screen for around 5-10 seconds before it comes back on. I have tried another input on the TV, a different HDMI cable (although the original one worked for 6 months on Sky Q no problem) and turning off the match frame rate setting. I guess i need an engineer visit?

5 REPLIES 5

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jammiedodger23

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been having issues with your TV box since installation. From what you've said it doesn't sound like an issue with the HDMi or HDMi ports.

Have you checked to see if the coax is finger tight into the back of the TV box and isolator plate/splitter?

We can run some diagnostic checks on this side, however the TV box does need to be turned on. Please let us know once it is so we can view the status of it from here.

Many thanks

Beth

Let me know when you are free to test it and i will turn it on for you.

ozsat
Superstar

Can you post details of what you are watching when this happens or is it all the time?

I can make this issue occur and it may be the same issue.

@jammiedodger23 wrote:

Had Virgin installed a few weeks ago, since the install the TV box keeps dropping out and i get a black screen for around 5-10 seconds before it comes back on. I have tried another input on the TV, a different HDMI cable (although the original one worked for 6 months on Sky Q no problem) and turning off the match frame rate setting. I guess i need an engineer visit?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Watching normal live TV channels. Can't remember which specific channel though, although it does it on different channels as well as recordings. We did have another issue happen when watching somehting on the ALL4 app, somehting like a render decode fault and we had to close the app and re-open it. I've got faults on the network status of the router so not sure if its related to that (11,000 PostRS errors on channel 7), or whether the TV and network are seperate, even though on the same cable. How can you replicate the fault so i can try the same?

Are any other devices attached to the tv during the blanking times?

@jammiedodger23 wrote:

Watching normal live TV channels. Can't remember which specific channel though, although it does it on different channels as well as recordings. We did have another issue happen when watching somehting on the ALL4 app, somehting like a render decode fault and we had to close the app and re-open it. I've got faults on the network status of the router so not sure if its related to that (11,000 PostRS errors on channel 7), or whether the TV and network are seperate, even though on the same cable. How can you replicate the fault so i can try the same?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5