cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 what is it?

PipTy
Tuning in

excited to be invite to join the 360 gang - and I had a note to say its gone live! Cant see any difference - so what's all the fuss about?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It's a completely different UI to the V6, so you should be able to tell the difference!

If you're updating from the V6, have you follow the install app instructions after getting your new remotes.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It's a completely different UI to the V6, so you should be able to tell the difference!

If you're updating from the V6, have you follow the install app instructions after getting your new remotes.

currently have a TIVO box - have had no new hardware!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TiVo box can't take 360 software, so I'm guessing you did have a V6... check here for pictures of the 3 boxes,

But otherwise as per Ben.... 360 is completely different software to the TiVo platform which drives the TiVo & V6 boxes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you have an older TiVo box you should have had a delivery of a new box and remote.

Customers with a V6 box just get the remote as they've already got the right box and it can get the new 360 firmware downloaded.

What was the notification you got to say it had gone live?

ok my mistook I have a V6 - how do I activate then?

Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
TV: Virgin TV 360 box
We've removed:
TV: Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi PipTy,

You will receive or should have received a new voice activated remote control.

Once you receive that can start the process to change the V6 from a TIVO interface to the new Horizon (360) interface.

Once you've received your new remote there should be an app  "Upgrade to Virgin TV 360 now" either on your Home screen, or in the All Apps folder

There should be either  a leaflet included with the new remote, or instructions printed on the inside of the box the remote came in.

Picture below showing what to do.

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You will be getting a new remote in the post shortly then along with instructions of how to switch over.

Remember to watch everything recorded before you do so and also make a note of series links. These don't transfer over.

ok thanks will wait for the new remote - bit of a rubbish roll out! Hope the product is better than the hype!