cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 volume

phammond2
On our wavelength

The volume is very low when watching TV via Virgin Media 360 compared with freeview via an aerial?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Are you using any third party equipment as in a sound bar or other audio equipment or is it directly from the TV? This was posted in another thread by newapollo and seemed to help with similar issues:

Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Follow content.

You could also set that option to Always Convert or Disabled and see if that improves the sound. If that fails try a factory reset. To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Shuffler
Tuning in

Mine’s the same. Annoying!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @phammond2 and @Shuffler,

Thank you for your posts. I'm very sorry to hear you're both having some volume issues. Have you ensured that the cables are firmly and securely connected from the box to the TV? This can sometimes impact the volume.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

phammond2
On our wavelength

Virgin engineer connected my tv and 360 box

I wondered if there is a better setting?

Are you using any third party equipment as in a sound bar or other audio equipment or is it directly from the TV? This was posted in another thread by newapollo and seemed to help with similar issues:

Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Follow content.

You could also set that option to Always Convert or Disabled and see if that improves the sound. If that fails try a factory reset. To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options

Rob

Hi Rob, the volume works (obviously) but the other display settings which work when connected to an aerial do not seem to alter the image when viewed through my 360 box. This is not really a Virgin problem but more of a question for Sony?

I set Dolby to Disabled and that solved the sound issue, Thanks

I resolved my issue

Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Disabled

Settings > Audio & Video > Dolby Audio > Disabled

this path/option doesn't exist????

Hello redcol

Thanks for posting. Checking this, it says the following; 

Settings - Audio & Video - you have three options; 

• Follow content (Dolby Digital wherever possible)
  • PCM 2.0 (Stereo)
  • PCM 5.1 (Uncompressed multichannel sound)

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill