Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 remote

mjkerr
On our wavelength

I have now had my TV 360 for 3 months

I press the TV button once, and the TV switches on

I have to press the ON button between 20 and 30 times in order to get the Virgin TV Box on

What is wrong?

24 REPLIES 24

mjkerr
On our wavelength

@roy247 wrote:
Can you turn off HDMI control on your Home Cinema system or does this cause other problems.

There do not appear any such settings
The only one I made was pairing the SONY remote to the TV
It does not connect to the Virgin Media TV 360 in any way
The HDMI cable runs between the SONY (Blu Ray) and ARC HDMI (port 4) on the TV
The ARC HDMI needs to be used, otherwise there is no sound from the Virgin Media TV 360 sent through the TV to the SONY

@BumbleVMTech wrote:

Turn the powersaving option to fast start and this will allow the box to turn on faster.  One Power will not affect startup speed

As above, the Virgin Media TV 360 is already using this setting
I have tried other settings, but it actually creates other problems (which are worse)

roy247
Community elder

Just to clarify things, it has been said that the red power button should always turn the 360 on and off and that is correct, but from what you are saying in your case it takes several attempt to do this, does the light on the front of the 360 always stay red or does it change to white but you don't get any video. I see from your other posts on another thread that you have already repaired the remote to the 360 so that can possibly be ruled out.

Also you do have a problem with no sound from the YouTube app.

You also seem to have a connection issue with your Home cinema turning off when it shouldn't depending on the one power setting, if you list your TV and home cinema system make and model numbers you may receive some advice on this matter.

mjkerr
On our wavelength

I have rechecked the connections, I thought it was using the HDMI ARC port

Virgin Media TV 360 box
HDMI cable to HDMI port 4
Panasonic 65AX900 (TV)
HDMI Cable port 1 and optical cable to 
Sony BDV-E4100 (Home Cinema)

If I switch on all the devices
The TV switches on (default to Virgin Media port 4)
The Virgin Media TV 360 box starts at white then goes green
The Sony is off by default, I need to switch it on, and it is on TV channel by default
Once the Virgin Media starts there is sound

If I press the TV power button, the TV and the Virgin Media TV 360 switch off (standby)
If I press the power button only the Virgin Media TV 360 switch off
Using either method this is when it take multiple attempts to switch the Virgin Media TV 360 back on
If it takes more than 10 attempts I take the plug out for the Virgin Media TV 360

roy247
Community elder

Check your TV's VIERA Link setting for Power off link, if it's set to Yes try tuning it off because when you press the TV button on the 360 remote your TV might then be turning off the 360 box.

I haven't heard of the power light on a 360 changing from white to green.