cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 new box reports Virgin TV1 is offline or not connecting - but only have one box!

maranjo50
Tuning in

Last week I received an upgrade to my package, with a new SuperHub 5 and a TV 360 box,

The new TV 360 box is smaller than the original, which will be returned in due course.

However, when I try to record on the TV 360, it tells me "Virgin TV1 is offline, or not connecting. Turn it on to check if your recording was successfully scheduled."

But - I only have one box in my package and the old one is redundant.

How do I make the new box the only and primary box?

Thanks,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi maranjo50,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear that you were send the incorrect box which has caused an error code, I was able top locate you on our system with the details we have for you and would like to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can discuss my findings, once you receive the invite please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

roy247
Community elder

Have you changed to 360 from a V6 or a TiVo box, also which box is named Virgin TV1  I assume it's the old box. If you have changed from a V6 box to a 360 box they should be the same size. There are picture's of a 360 box and a mini box here if you have received the smaller box there is no hard drive and if your old box looks like the picture on the left then that's a V6 box and could just have a software update to make it a 360.

If you have been sent a mini box have you upgraded your package to one that includes a second box, or are you changing from an old TiVo box, the possibility here would be some customers have a V6 and an old TiVo box and get sent a mini box to replace the TiVo box because it can't have the software upgrade to 360 and you may have been sent the mini by mistake, another clue would be have been sent 2 remotes or just the 1.

But first we need to know which box you have received and what are you replacing.

I had a 360 box and for my new contract they sent me a mini 360 box with new (smaller) remote. With no further info, I assumed this was a straight replacement rather than a second box (which I didn't need).

Your reply makes perfect sense @roy247 so I'll disconnect the new box and reconnect the old one. Fortunately I'd not returned the old box just yet!

Hi maranjo50,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear that you were send the incorrect box which has caused an error code, I was able top locate you on our system with the details we have for you and would like to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat so I can discuss my findings, once you receive the invite please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.