cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 found new device to pair with your remote - stop the nagging?

arnie_oli
Up to speed

Our 360 keeps nagging us to tell us it's found a new device it can pair with our remote. It gives a popup top right with the options of pair or dismiss.

The TV is paired with the remote and everything else works just fine. How to you stop it popping up this nag screen each time?

89 REPLIES 89

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @arnie_oli

I will pop you over a quick PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Can you also PM me please? As I am in the same predicament.

Thanks

Hi stephen1989_06

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sure, will fire over a PM now

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

GregV
Joining in

I have the same problem !!! very annoying, so much so we are thinking of getting rid of Virgin and changing to Sky for everything, tv and internet.

We have a new TCL TV which we have paired to Virgin box (several times). The soundbar is same brand TCL, linked to TV with HDMI cable. So everything is working fine with Virgin remote (sound, pause, everything all OK).

Very very annoying pop-up message - see photo = 

It appears about 50 times each evening - crazy !!!

Cancelling service if Virgin can't provide a fix (they must have a way to disable pairing discovery )

Except the REALLY ANNOYING pop up about 20 times each evening !!! PairPopup.jpeg

Can you also PM me please? As I am in the same predicament.

Greg

Don’t want to jinx it but after supplying details to the support team on here I have turned on the tv and we are now running firmware v4.33. Interestingly there is no nag screen on boot up that I expected.

no option to disable the detection feature in settings…. but no nag, yet.

Spoke to soon, about a minute after turning on the tv for the second time the pop up appeared again.

first time was from a standby overnight bootup, second time was the tv turned on and off.

Hi GregV,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear that you to are experiencing the same issue with a pop up asking to pair new devices to Virgin. 

As you posted a short while ago regarding this issue, have you spoken to the team in this time or has anything changed at all?

Can we ask if it also lets you know what device it is asking you to pair with?

Kind regards Jodi. 

The 360 doesn’t tell you what is has found to pair with. If you select to pair with what it has found then selecting that button ( as opposed to ignore) takes you to the remote pairing setup as if you’d gone to settings. No disclosure of what it ‘found’.

Is anyone else still having the same issue?

The best VM can come up with is resetting the box. The IT solution of “turning it on and off again” doesn’t appeal seeing as this has persisted since we powered it up from new.