cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 found new device to pair with your remote - stop the nagging?

arnie_oli
Up to speed

Our 360 keeps nagging us to tell us it's found a new device it can pair with our remote. It gives a popup top right with the options of pair or dismiss.

The TV is paired with the remote and everything else works just fine. How to you stop it popping up this nag screen each time?

89 REPLIES 89

Hi, just jumping on this post. I have the same issue (a box in the top right corner). I have a Sony soundbar and a Samsung TV, both connected via hdmi. The virgin box (or remote) pairs with the Sony soundbar and Samsung TV, but then up pops a notification on the top right corner telling me I can 'now use the remote to control my Sony tv'. Then a few minutes later it pops back up and says 'you can now use the remote to control your Samsung TV'. It cycles between the two constantly. The only way the message stops appearing is when I disconnect my Sony soundbar (which is not something I should have to do as the sound is better through my soundbar).

The TV is Samsung but the dialogue box keeps telling me it is a Sony TV and flicks between the two all of the time.

I have only had virgin TV installed on Saturday (2 days ago) and already i find this issue extremely frustrating. I never had this issue with sky. 

Obviously the device should just pair to what you choose, in my case, Samsung TV and Sony soundbar, not trying to pair to a Sony TV that does not exist?

Thanks

I have been asking for the ability/option  to disable the detection feature post install for months. It’s cute this issue immediately. 

Hi there @arnie_oli thank you so much for the feedback and I will certainly feed it back to the relevant teams, though I cannot guarantee this change will happen. 

Thanks again. 

How can you not provide an update for a bug?

I don't need the virgin remote to control any other devices apart from the 360 box itself. 

Is there not a way I can just use the 360 remote for virgin box only and my other TV remotes to control sound etc.?

There must be a way to stop the remote trying to connect to my other devices? 

Hi there @stephen1989_06

Just to clarify you can unpair your 360 remote to use the volume on your TV remote, you can find more information on how to use your 360 control here. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you here. 

Hi, I managed to unpair the remote last night but it just automatically reconnects (re-pairs) causing the same issue.

Do you have a specific set of instructions to make sure I was doing it right? A specific way to control ONLY 360 box. 

Thanks 

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi there @stephen1989_06

Just to clarify you can unpair your 360 remote to use the volume on your TV remote, you can find more information on how to use your 360 control here. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding you here. 

Even if you unpair the remote, or factory reset the remote, when you turn the 360 on after about a minute you get the message that the 360 has found a device to pair with, what is being asked for is an option in settings to turn this function off.

This was what arnie_oli 's original post was asking for.

No problem @roy24 and thank you for clarifying. 

As stated before this has been fed back to the 360 team for consideration.

Thank you again.

Hi @arnie_oli , @roy247 , @stephen1989_06 , @Caligulacabbage , @webbaj 

Thank you for being patient with us whilst our Support Team was investigating the issue. A ticket was logged under F009137668 however they could not find any issues. They have advised if you can try a factory reset to see if it helps and if not they will need to look at the logs on your TV360. 

We hope the factory reset does work but please post back on this thread if it doesn't so a member of the Forum Team can get some personal information to help our Support Team to dig a little deeper.

Thanks,

Lisa

Seriously?

Yes I would love some help to get rid of this blasted detection pop up. 

Given the number of us with it it is clearly an issue. 

Quite simply we need the option to turn off the feature of the 360 searching for new HDMI devices as discussed. The unit is getting confused when it is connected via an HDMI switch or to certain devices and thinks it can see something new attached. This generates the annoying pop up on startup and… certainly in my case the button for the pop up (photo in this thread) are not shown by default and hard to select using the remote. 

by all means someone can get in touch and I am happy to help.