cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 found new device to pair with your remote - stop the nagging?

arnie_oli
Up to speed

Our 360 keeps nagging us to tell us it's found a new device it can pair with our remote. It gives a popup top right with the options of pair or dismiss.

The TV is paired with the remote and everything else works just fine. How to you stop it popping up this nag screen each time?

89 REPLIES 89

Hi arnie_oli,

Thanks for the update. Disappointed to hear this issues is still ongoing and nothing is helping resolve it. I have emailed a colleague over this, as we were getting a 2nd opinion from our back of house team to see if there was any other work arounds.

I have just sent another email off this evening, and I am awaiting a response.

As soon as I have any more information, I'll come back to you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

iantos
On our wavelength

I have similar problem. I get told that i can control sound on my Pioneer amplifier using the 360 remote.

i don’t have a Pioneer amplifier, it is a Yamaha, and when I go to video & audio settings it has changed to Pioneer amplifier and the remote no longer controls sound.

Rang VM no solution offered.

Still waiting for a fix here. Thankfully the nag screen goes away more quickly in the current update but it’s there every boot. 

Hi @arnie_oli,

I am very sorry to hear that this is ongoing for you. As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

LewisEdgar
On our wavelength

I’m getting a similar issue! Really annoying!!

I recently connected Sony Soundbar to my LG TV and keep getting these messages:

‘You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your LG TV.’

or

’You can now use your Virgin TV remote to control this Virgin TV box, and change the volume and power off your Sony TV.’

They appear every 5 minutes or so, extremely annoying! 

Virgin - how has this software bug not been fixed yet, there are multiple forums reporting similar issues from several months ago

Can confirm still does it on both my setups. 

Samsung tv and Panasonic sound bar and on Samsung tv with Bose sound bar. Constant every minute or less. Driving us mad. New boxes and remotes as we only joined your maxit plan a few months back. 

CEF8FD0F-94A9-49AB-AAB6-863F8625756C.jpeg

any updates yet? Sky q that was attached din’t have this issue and controlled the sound bars.

my sound does control fine. Just the annoying pop up that I cannot stop or turn off. 

Hi there @broberts

Thank you so much for your post and I am so sorry to hear that you are noticing this issue with your services! 

Can I just ask if you have been able to try the steps mentioned in this thread before? For example changing the audio decription?

1. Press the home button on your remote control.
  2. Select settings.
  3. Under profiles press the arrow down button to get to audio description.
  4. Press OK to turn audio description on or off.

Have you also tried a full factory reset?

Thank you. 

This is extremely frustrating. How many times will somebody from Virgin comment on this thread and suggest a factory reset??

PLEASE READ THE THREAD.

This issue has been going on for months, impacting a large proportion of your customer base. Multiple engineers have come out and have been unable to fix the issue. We’ve tried every setting under the sun.

THIS IS A SOFTWARE ISSUE THAT NEEDS FIXED.

Virgin - please stop sending your forum team to comment on this thread with the same meaningless suggestions (they can’t even spend 5 minutes to actually read the thread properly). They comment once and then never reply again. What is the point of this forum and them trying to help if nothing gets done!? It’s now becoming condescending.

We know what the issue is. We have done for months. Why won’t virgin just fix it properly???

Pattersonn
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies, yes this is an issue. We expect to have this resolved in the next release coming in the new year.

Is there any idea when this update/release will be. I have just joined Virgin and I am getting this message all the time. Really frustrating.