cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 found new device to pair with your remote - stop the nagging?

arnie_oli
Up to speed

Our 360 keeps nagging us to tell us it's found a new device it can pair with our remote. It gives a popup top right with the options of pair or dismiss.

The TV is paired with the remote and everything else works just fine. How to you stop it popping up this nag screen each time?

89 REPLIES 89

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi arnie_oli, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the remote pairing. Can you see if both the box and TV have been paired, if so please unpair and pair the devices again to see if you are getting the same issue? Chris

Yes the tv and 360 are paired just fine. The remote operates the tv and knows it is connected 

Hi arnie_oli, can you confirm if this is still an issue for you? ^Chris

Sorry meant to say, yes it is still a problem. The 360 and TV have been paired since install and work just fine together (remote turns TV off, adjusts volume etc). The 360 just still nags to tell me that it's found something else to pair with.

I'd just like to turn off this nagging screen prompting me to pair with something that I don't want to.

Does anything change when you turn the audio description off on the box? 

1. Press the home button on your remote control.
  2. Select settings.
  3. Under profiles press the arrow down button to get to audio description.
  4. Press OK to turn audio description on or off.

Chris

Well I have paired the remote with the TV again. IT was already set up for our TV.

The audio description thing is off anyway. Lets see if the annoying nag screen reappears.

There really ought to be a way to stop it scanning for devices it thinks you want!

And just to confirm... it's back.

Still getting the annoying nag screen asking me to pair with the new device it's found.

It'd just be nice to turn off the scanning feature or tell it to stop!

Hi Arnie

What device is it asking you to pair with ?

Sadly it doesn’t tell you. It just has this pop up that says it has found something which either allows you to scan or dismiss. The scan option takes you to the pairing menu in settings.