cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 clear button on remote control

jonwill
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm trying to pair my TV to 360 , Following the on screen instructions to enter the 4 digit code it is asking me to press and hold the "Clear" & "TV" buttons for 10 seconds till the home light flashes green.

My question is where on the remote is the "clear" key ?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonwill 

Are you upgrading an existing V6 box to 360, or is it already a 360 box?

It''s different methods for different boxes.

If it's already a 360 then

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in. Following that then to pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Also if you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

If you are upgrading a V6 box to 360 then the following screenshot shows wht to do (you need to use both remotes)

360 upgrade360 upgrade

/

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonwill 

Are you upgrading an existing V6 box to 360, or is it already a 360 box?

It''s different methods for different boxes.

If it's already a 360 then

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. You could also try removing the batteries and put them back in. Following that then to pair the 360 remote hold down the 'TV' button and '0' button together until the Standby button starts to flash.

Also if you need to pair the TV 360 remote with the TV to control volume, source or power

Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions

If you are upgrading a V6 box to 360 then the following screenshot shows wht to do (you need to use both remotes)

360 upgrade360 upgrade

/

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for reply.

Trying to control TV volume with 360 remote

"Press Home > Settings > Pair remote with devices ? Pair TV and follow the on screen instructions"

When i do this step the on screen instruction 1st step is to press & hold "Clear & Tv" buttons till home light flashes green = i cant see a "clear" button on the remote control.

i've done both 0 & tv also "rewind & tv" with the 360 remote and it is connected to the box.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @jonwill 

The onscreen instructions  'press & hold "Clear & TV" buttons till home light flashes green'' are for pairing a V6 remote to a V6 box, so it sounds like you have a V6 box and a 360 remote.

Does you remote have a speech symbol as in the first screenshot below?

360 remote360 remote

If you log into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, and click on your contract, what Virgin TV box does it say you have?

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi @ newapollo

it's 100% a TV360 remote

jonwill_0-1638639022405.png

just cant get it to remote to control the TV volume .

many times i've done 

jonwill_1-1638639194304.png

When you follow on screen instructions step #4 it prompts you to press "clear & tv" till home button flashes green , I just cant locate the "clear" button on the remote so i can input the 4 digit code for the TV.

It still sounds as though you're following instructions on a V6.  Do your screens look like those below?

20211204_194321.png20211204_194451.png

roy247
Community elder

Have you actually started the 360 upgrade, instructions posted by newapollo, the upgrade usually pairs the remote to the TV. 

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to have the below set top box and be running Tivo ?

jonwill_0-1638716240371.png

I'm not seeing these screens below when i try to get remote to control tv volume 

jonwill_1-1638716346134.png

Yes - the boxes are the same for 360 and TiVo (V6).  It's the software that's different.

Are you upgrading from V6 to 360?  If you are and have the old remote then you need to go to the Apps section and kick off the upgrade. Follow @newappolo's post above- if the option to upgrade isn't on the homescreen it can usually be found in the Apps section.

You need to use the OLD remote to kick off the upgrade (i.e. the "peanut" shaped one).  Once the software has changed, you will only be able to use the new 360 remote.

If there's no option then you'll need to call in or wait here for a member of the forum team to get to you.

Thank you for confirmation on the boxes.

is there any price change upgrading from V6 to 360 ?

I only have the new remote control