cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 box blanking out

Brian_glendale
Joining in

Hi community. I have a TV360 box and it keeps going to a black screen with no audio for about 1 second every few minutes or so, it's really frustrating trying to watch TV! I've done a factory reset, but it keeps doing the same thing. Has anyone else come across this issue? Thanks. Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Brian,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

This might also occur if you are using an HDMI splitter.

Have you tried changing the video settings?  

Under Settings > Audio & Video>HDMI resolution  there are 5 settings Automatic, 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p and 520p. Try selecting Automatic first and see if that solves the problems, otherwise select the frame rate that matches your TV's.

If you have a 4K TV that upscales then if you can set the 360 to 1080p  then your 4K television will take care of the upscaling to 4K.

If you set the 360 box to 4K, the box will take care of the upscaling.

If all of the above fails then try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (cog at end of Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Brian,

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

This might also occur if you are using an HDMI splitter.

Have you tried changing the video settings?  

Under Settings > Audio & Video>HDMI resolution  there are 5 settings Automatic, 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p and 520p. Try selecting Automatic first and see if that solves the problems, otherwise select the frame rate that matches your TV's.

If you have a 4K TV that upscales then if you can set the 360 to 1080p  then your 4K television will take care of the upscaling to 4K.

If you set the 360 box to 4K, the box will take care of the upscaling.

If all of the above fails then try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (cog at end of Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.

With the 360 you won't lose your recordings as it's not a complete factory reset, however you will need to sign into apps such as iPlayer and ITV Hub again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave. Many thanks for your reply. I have a good quality hdmi cable from the 360.box to to the TV, the hdmi resolution was set at automatic, I've changed this to 1080p and will see how I get on with this!

I can change the hdmi cable if this fails, however the TV is wall mounted and the cables are run through conduits from the TV box below.. not a job to start on Chrismas eve 😐😂

Thanks, Brian.

Hi @Brian_glendale,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear your having some issues with your service and thanks for the update. 

Please do let us know if you have any further issues and after trying another HDMI cable.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs