cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 and own router

alphaklg
Tuning in

Hi Can i use the TV360 with my own router (Virgin Hub is used as modem )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Short answer is yes.

Both V6 & 360 require VM broadband, but not necessarily the VM router. I use my V6 with my own router and the hub in modem mode, as do others.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Short answer is yes.

Both V6 & 360 require VM broadband, but not necessarily the VM router. I use my V6 with my own router and the hub in modem mode, as do others.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

So i guess the setup would be :

Broadband cable => VM HUB (set as modem)

Plug Ethernet cable from VM Hub to Own Router

From router plug VM TV box and any other device.

Correct?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Spot on!!

One ethernet cable from your hub to the router, and all devices then connect your router.

Edited to add: Just remember both the hub & 360 need their own independent co-ax connections.

Hi alphaklg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As mentioned by japitts, you are able to use your own router however you do need VM broadband. It's also worth noting that should you have any issues with your broadband and/or TV service, you may need to disconnect your third party equipment for troubleshooting. 

If you have any issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

One other thing to be aware of, you can also connect your TV360 boxes wirelessly if an ethernet cable is not practical.

As already mentioned though the coaxial cable would still be needed.