cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 and missing radio channels.

lackery
Joining in

Having upgraded from V6 to V360 I find that the radio channels normally displayed from 901 are missing from the guide. I spent three days talking to three different customer service operators. The first ‘zapped’ my box, put me on hold for a (long) while, transferred me to another department who eventually admitted defeat and promised to call me back at a specified time. The call-back never came. The second went through the same process. After the second long hold I was switched to a third operator who began her questions as if I’d just started my call. Having gone through the same procedure as the first two this one eventually asked me to check if the missing channels were hidden away in Boxed-sets or Catch-up. We eventually agreed that I would need to use the BBC Sounds app to listen to some of them. I was also informed that this operator would have to do an upgrade for all V360 customers in order to restore the missing channels. 
Having subsequently looked in these forums I find ‘Ernie_C' has already offered the advice about BBC Sounds to another request.

My question is this: VM must be aware of this problem but have not offered guidance to upgrading customers, why not? Furthermore if you want us to continue as loyal users of your service why do you not train your customer service operators properly? None of the three I spoke to were aware of the problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

When you press the Home button you will see the Radio icon on the right, that has the Virgin streamed Radio Stations, and if you go to Apps along side the BBC Sounds app is the RadioLine app.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

When you press the Home button you will see the Radio icon on the right, that has the Virgin streamed Radio Stations, and if you go to Apps along side the BBC Sounds app is the RadioLine app.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It not a "problem" as such. Its progress.

VM have had to adopt the Horizon platform from their parent company (that drives V360). This has no provision for radio in its raw form, & has had to be tweaked to allow you access to the radio streams used by the older TiVO boxes. You will also notice that you cannot record radio anymore. This is also a biproduct of the new platform, which was designed to record to the cloud & not to an HDD.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes, it's progress!

Less features, more problems.

Embrace it!

Rest assured that some features will be restored (eventually), problems will be resolved (perhaps), and operators will be trained correctly (some anyway), but if you're still a customer, you'll probably have upgraded to the replacement technology on the expectation of a better viewing experience, more features and fewer problems... Oh hang on, you did that, that's why you're here.

lackery
Joining in

Thank you for your helpful and amusing replies. One of the customer service operators was obviously trying to point me in the right direction when she mentioned the boxed sets etc. I was looking on the top line where it shows: Guide, Catch-up and so on. But the radio icon in the next line down is big enough even for an old duffer like me to see! I’m not so bothered about recording radio as app’s like BBC Sounds are available on my iPad. Errindors who is technically challenged cleans the sitting room on a Monday morning and likes to listen to 4extra whilst doing so. She has got used to the V6 set-up and was not best pleased when she couldn't cope. I might now be able to convince her that the up-grade is not a total disaster. 
Progress. Yes. Always done in the interest and for the benefit of our customers. Who do they think they are kidding?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi lackery,

There is also a greater selection of radio stations if you go into Apps and select the RadioLine app, however sorry to say but again they can't be recorded.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali