Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 and Sony Remote

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello.

I upgraded the V6 box to  TV360 .

It's connected to a Sony Bravia KD55 AG8 television.

I was able to control the V6 box, via the Sony Remote and the IR blaster.

After updating, it no longer works. 

Does anybody know of a solution? 

Many thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

Thank you for your reply. I'm guessing it's coping using Bluetooth, but I'm worried that there are too many barriers to RF in my house between lounge and basement rack.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The 360 remotes themselves are RF for the box. They won't do IR via any method to control the box itself. They use IR only to control a TV or AV receiver.

However the 360 box will respond to IR commands from a third party remote as discussed earlier in this thread.

And the TV Go app has a control function for the boxes that uses your home network.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

thanks - yes, insightful! Unless a third party remote can do everything the new 360 one does, I think I will have to stick with my V6 for now.

topfuel
Joining in

Anyone found a solution for this yet 

JLO1
On our wavelength

Hello,

Sony will not support the 36O box either as Virgin Media or Ziggo.

After a lengthy e-mail exchange with Sony customer support, they basically blamed Virgin. I did point out to them that this was likely to irritate many Sony owners.

Thank you for your recent e-mail.
With reference to your enquiry regarding your Sony KD-55AG8, please note that there is nothing to be done from our side as this update has been done by the box provider. 

I bought a Harmony remote. It does the job perfectly for me. 

This was some time ago, so it may be worth contacting Sony again to see if they recognise this as more of a problem now. I wish you luck if you do. If you get any sensible response from them, then please post it.