cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Resuming a recording

SkeggyEggy
Tuning in

I've just upgraded from a Tivo box to TV 360.  On the old box you could watch part of a recording, stop, then resume watching next day.  With the TV 360 there doesn't seem to be a resume option, so I have to wind through the whole recording again from the beginning to reach the place where I paused.  This is tedious.  Anyone know a solution please?

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

If you part watch a recording it should show under continue watching when you press Home and go to Saved.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

..or simply press Play against the recording in SAVED and you get the option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No, that's not correct.  I did get the "Resume" option when wanting to resume later the same day.  However, when I left a half-watched programme overnight and tried to resume next day, that option had disappeared and the only available option was watching from the start - hence my question.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

We’re you using the same profile?

The resume only works if the profile which part watched is used again.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm afraid that doesn't help.  I'll try calling Virgin and see if they can advise (if I can survive the awful music while waiting).

Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to watch around 3 minutes of a programme via On Demand for the continue feature to kick in. If that’s not happening, there could be an issue.

I'm not using On Demand, just a Saved recording.

I'm now answering my own question, with thanks to another post on this forum. It's very simple.  With the old Tivo remote there was a "Stop" button which you pressed to stop watching a recording.  Then, when you wanted to resume, you were offered that option when you brouoght the recording back up.  With the TV 360 remote there is no "Stop" button, so all I could think to do was press "Pause".  However, when bringing the recording back up, there was no "Resume" option, only "Watch from Start".  It turns out that, instead of "Pause" I should just hit "Back", which has the effect of stopping the recording and offering a "Resume" option when you return.

This, like some other issues, is not covered in the inadequate TV 360 Guide; neither could I see it being addressed by the FAQs.  In fact, over all the years I've been trying to fix computer problems, I don't recall finding a single solution among the FAQs to which I'm usually directed. Wouldn't have thought my questions are that unusual.