cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Remote and Sharp Android Smart TV

Tuning in

I've just replaced my TV with a Sharp 42CI1KA Android smart TV and can't get my 360 remote to control the volume / mute on it. HDMI CEC is enabled and it powers the TV on/off with the One Power option enabled, but when trying to pair the remote to the TV (either by entering the model or just going through the button presses) none of the options seem to work at all.

It worked fine with my old Samsung TV, so I don't see why it shouldn't work with something newer.

Any ideas as it's really frustrating me?!

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Did you remember to set Volume keys control in Audio and Video settings or did they not work during testing.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @118 

Have you tried entering CI1K as the model number?

Also possibly try under the Sharp-Roku  option (it found that one quicker when I performed a search)

Also, sometimes the first option that appears to work isn't 100% paired (this used to happen on the TIVO and V6 boxes too) so try again by selecting no and the next few options that are given.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Did you remember to set Volume keys control in Audio and Video settings or did they not work during testing.

Hi Dave, I did try the Sharp Roku option but there's only one or two models under that when doing the key presses and it didn't find anything for the model number. I did try selecting no on the Sharp option and tried every single option that came up next, but no joy.

I'll try just entering CI1K and see what happens though - I'll report back! 🙂

I had a look for that option earlier but couldn't seem to find it, whereabouts should it be? I'd assume it's set as it worked with the old tv

Thanks Dave, entering CI1K sorted it, you're a life saver! I'm an IT tech so not being able to solve something really bugs me 😂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @118 

It's good to see it's all working now.

It would be helpful if VM explained more fully, or gave examples of the how to input the codes eg for device Sharp 42CI1KA A which characters are needed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It definitely would be, it just says to use the first 4 characters from the model number when trying to pair that way, I even tried the full model number which didn't pair either, so thanks for your help 🙂

Hi 118.  Thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you had issues pairing your 360 remote with your TV.  I am pleased to hear our fantastic community helped find you a work-around.  I will however, pass your feedback on.

Regards

Lee_R