cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Orange Light - Can't get past welcome screen

JLloyd
Joining in

Hi 

I have a TV 360, for the past month I have not been able to get past the welcome screen on my box and the box keeps restarting and getting stuck on an orange light. It makes a whirring noise like it is trying to boot up but nothing happens.

I have been using my second box from upstairs and that has been working fine. I have tried calling 150 getting cut off numerous times and the online chat is absolutely no help as they keep saying its a very short term connectivity issue but over a month is not short term especially at these prices.

Please can somebody help me as in my opinion this is clearly a faulty box

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any TV box that won't bootup clearly has a fault, and if you're hearing hard drive noises - then all the more evidence of HDD problems. Your box needs almost certainly needs replacing.

You've done the right thing in calling 150 to report this. After you've chosen the options for "I have a fault", don't press any other buttons and just wait on the line. You should then join the queue for a faults agent to answer.

VM staff will respond to threads on here, but this isn't a real-time service and you'll likely have to wait a day or so. I would never recommend the online chat for faults reporting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply.

This was a last resort as I seem to be getting nowhere with the other options. I have now managed to get online chat to send an engineer out tomorrow but as this is clearly a faulty box I expect the engineer will just suggest that which will therefore prolong my wait to get it sorted.

The Virgin Media support service is shocking and seems to do everything but solve the problem.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If a tech decides the box needs replacing, they should do so during the visit.

There shouldn't be any need to finish this tech appointment without your TV service being restored.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

roy247
Community elder

If it's a faulty box he should have a spare and will replace it.

Hi JLloyd, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your TV services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I can see in the above posts that you managed to get an engineer booked for this issue, can I ask what the outcome to this was please? 

From looking at your services I can see they made a change, but please confirm what exactly they did 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

The engineer replaced our second tv360 box with a mini box. The engineer said the support/sales team didn’t understand that you can’t have 2 tv360 boxes as one of them will always become faulty after a few months. 

The engineers seem to be a lot better at dealing with customers than the support/sales teams so maybe those teams should listen to the input from the engineers as they know what they are doing.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply and for detailing what happened during the visit JLloyd. 

How has the service been since the visit? Have you experienced any further issues? 

Thanks 

Nat

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JLloyd wrote:

The engineer replaced our second tv360 box with a mini box. The engineer said the support/sales team didn’t understand that you can’t have 2 tv360 boxes as one of them will always become faulty after a few months.

Unfortunately in this case, the engineer is completely wrong and there is nothing stopping you from having upto 3 x converted V6 as 360's - all with hard drives. If one of them does develop a fault, it has nothing to do with the multi-HDD setup.

@JLloyd wrote:

The engineers seem to be a lot better at dealing with customers than the support/sales teams so maybe those teams should listen to the input from the engineers as they know what they are doing.

Unfortunately here - by swapping your functional (and fully supported) 2nd HDD box for a mini, all that's been achieved is that you've lost the storage space on the second box. The faulty box could easily have been swapped for a direct replacement.