Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Network Connection Issues

paul59
On our wavelength

As the title suggests.
TV 360 Box post messages on the screen saying Network Connection Lost

The box is hard wired to the router. Problem only started this week.

Any ideas?

I can fix it only by rebooting the box. Even then it complains about network issues. Works for a few hours then falls over again

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paul59, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with your 360 box's connection. If the helpful advice offered above doesn't clear this up for you please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to take a look into it from here.

Tom 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank for getting back to me paul59. 

I've scheduled an engineer visit so this can be looked into further, you will find confirmation of the appointment via your online account (virg.in/myVM) and can reschedule from there if needed. 

Please let us know how that goes, or if we can help with anything else.

Tom

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you proven the Ethernet cable as good with other equipment?

Same question for the router port.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Assuming you are connected to a Virgin hub a wired connection is obviously the best option, you could try using wifi to see if the problem persists, if as you say everything has been working ok then maybe a factory reset could be tried because vigin have been rolling out some software updates. Just select the option to keep your recordings as it's not really a factory reset you can keep your recordings and series links but will have to sign in to netflix etc again. Also some settings will default like dolby audio, standby timer, and match frame rate, I think thats it.

paul59
On our wavelength

Thanks I’ll try reset and full restart tomorrow. 
The box is actually at my Mother's house. 

Thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@paul59 wrote:

The box is hard wired to the router. Problem only started this week.

Apart from the suggestions thus far, which SW build is your 360 running?

There's a few rollouts happening at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

paul59
On our wavelength

Not sure I’ll have a look tomorrow and report  back. The fault is at my Mums house installation not mine. 

cheers. 

paul59
On our wavelength

Reset box to factory settings. 
Retained recordings

version 4.31

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per post #2...

Have you proven the Ethernet cable as good with other equipment?

Same question for the router port.

roy247
Community elder

If the reset doesn't make any difference I would definitely follow japitts suggestions with the ethernet cable and ports, or try wifi, if it works with wifi then it probably is a cable or port fault. Version 4.31 is not one of the newer versions being rolled out slowly, I am still on 4.31.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi paul59, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this issue with your 360 box's connection. If the helpful advice offered above doesn't clear this up for you please get back to me via PM and I'll be able to take a look into it from here.

Tom