cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 HELP

92elliot
Tuning in

Hi,

So after being forced to convert to TV360 I am confused as to me this feels like a step backwards. 

Their may be a way to fix the issues I am experiencing which were standard with the V6 box and software before this. 

Due to the upgrade we lost our recordings as expected but when then going back and reciting a series link it no longer in the recorded shows has the previously shown episodes directly from the recordings menu e.g. I start from episode 4 of season 1 the old software would add ep 1 to 3 in the recorded shows unless told not to. I can't see any option other then having to go into explore show and manually find all the previous episodes making it a much more long winded process. 

Also we are now getting recordings from all the boxes in the house shared, this isn't helpful we don't want the soap recordings that only one family member watches on the family TV filling up the recordings menu. 

Help would be appreciated if these things have options to change! 

V6 was far easier and stream lined the only positive I have found from TV360 is the fast forward/rewind function now has no delay when you then resume play but id rather have the V6 box software back which was far more streamlined and easy to function especially for the older generation in the house.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yeah that is worse than my experience then as at least I was asked and stupidly said yes.

You should definitely escalate within support / raise a complaint to see if you can get it reverted through new v6 boxes. Does seem 1 or 2 people have had success with this route although the standard policy is strictly no way back

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, while CS are up selling Horizon platform boxes, the switch is currently completely voluntary. Unfortunately, there is no going back once switched.

Horizon, which drives V360 is a totally different platform to TiVO. The “backend” is server driven, not box driven, as it is designed (& in other European countries used) for cloud based recordings. Hence your recordings only appear as one list as the server sees the recording location as one point on the network. If you have two V6 converted boxes you can use the advanced options to see what is on an individual box. But with V360 master & mini boxes, there is only one location anyway, as the mini is diskless.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

to be clear the switch was not voluntary it was forced. We received 2 remotes (one for each V6 box) through the post and after 5days the boxes both had faults which only resolved if you updated to the 360 software. 

We have 2x V6 boxes in separate rooms which were updated due to the above. 

It really is more of a hassle then the old TIVO system and a lot less straight forward. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@92elliot wrote:

to be clear the switch was not voluntary it was forced. We received 2 remotes (one for each V6 box) through the post and after 5days the boxes both had faults which only resolved if you updated to the 360 software. 

We have 2x V6 boxes in separate rooms which were updated due to the above. 

It really is more of a hassle then the old TIVO system and a lot less straight forward. 

Oh dear! CS have let the flying pigs out again. If V6 boxes are faulty, they should be replaced with V6 boxes. If your boxes were faulty on the TiVO platform, then they will also be faulty on Horizon. It’s the same hardware.

I have invited the Staff team here to respond to this thread.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

You aren't getting what I am saying. The boxes were not faulty but they picked up error messages after 6days after receiving the 360 controllers prompting them to say there was a fault as we hadn't updated them to the new software. Which when you get the new controllers you are told if you do not update yourself within 6days it will be done automatically for you, this process wasn't done automatically and ran into issues so we had to contact the CS team to remotely update and run signals which fixed these Error issues.

We didn't do the update ourselves as we didn't ask for it or like when they said they would switch us over to the fibre phone line and gave a date we probably were switched 3months later then the date we were told our existing phone line would no longer work so we were hoping much the same that we wouldn't have to do the update to the timescale stated. 

but so I take it with this new software on the V6 box running 360 It isn't possible to just have the recordings on each box rather then all household recordings on all the boxes or have the recording area go back and include previous shows from the same series etc. It's all just more complicated and long winded to do anything. 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone lines are being migrated due to obsolescence of the PSTN network’s in 2025, of which this is the first stage.

TiVO V6 is not obsolete. It is still a fully supported platform until we are officially told otherwise.

Hi there @92elliot

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced these issues regarding a recent change to 360, this should be an optional upgrade and not forced. I would be happy to look into this with you via a Private Message.

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

@nodrogd wrote:

The phone lines are being migrated due to obsolescence of the PSTN network’s in 2025, of which this is the first stage.

TiVO V6 is not obsolete. It is still a fully supported platform until we are officially told otherwise.

ok....?
I wasn't querying why things were getting changed. These messages are taking away from the actual point and issues I have with the 360 it's being pretty unhelpful.

wisedroid
Up to speed

I've had a similar experience moving to 360 on my 2x V6 boxes. 

It actually can technically be reverted by replacing the boxes and so I have asked for this but not keeping my hopes up.

Even today initially support told me that it is definitely an upgrade and that mine must have a fault if series links don't work as expected...