cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV 360 Daily power cycle

Sp4rkakus
Joining in

Hi, Anyone else have to power cycle their box daily? Driving me up the wall CS didnt help much apart from monitor it and say its OK. Live TV works fine, but any recordings on my main box or on demand content just dont work the day after a power cycle and I have to do it again waiting ages for the box to come up. The main box works fine. These are both 'upgraded' from Tivo, the multiroom box works on wifi, I wonder if wifi is the culprit. I can forgive many of Tv360s shortcomings but this is just not fit for purpose. Any ideas on how to solve, would a new box do it?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sp4rkakus wrote:

Live TV works fine, but any recordings on my main box or on demand content just dont work the day after a power cycle and I have to do it again waiting ages for the box to come up. The main box works fine. These are both 'upgraded' from Tivo, the multiroom box works on wifi, I wonder if wifi is the culprit.

The first place to look is your 360's network diagnostics which I believe are under Settings > Network > Diagnostics

Also, is your main box set to Active Start or Fast Start?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Power setting is fast start.

Network diagnostics are Good and support UHD quality.

Then I tried to stream a recording and get cs2318 next time I try cs2200. This happens daily. 

Reboot the box and all OK again. 

Are both boxes in 'Fast Start' ?

@Sp4rkakus wrote:

Power setting is fast start.

Network diagnostics are Good and support UHD quality.

Then I tried to stream a recording and get cs2318 next time I try cs2200. This happens daily. 

Reboot the box and all OK again. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Yup both boxes fast start. 

Does this still happen if you ensure both boxes are out-of-standby before you try to stream a recording?

@Sp4rkakus wrote:

Yup both boxes fast start. 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

Just a thought but if it's only anything streamed to your 2nd box are you using Virgins hub or a third party hub, other people have had problems when upgrading from TiVo V6 to Horizon 360 and using a third party hub.

It does the same when both boxes out of standby. I am using an orbi router with virgin hub as modem. Its unacceptable for the answer to be the orbi as tivo worked fine with it and every other device does too.. 

Only guessing but the forum team might suggest taking your orbi router out of the equation to isolate the problem.